service book?

Discussion in 'International Forum' started by TruckerPete1990, Feb 3, 2017.

1. TruckerPete1990

TruckerPete1990 Road Train Member

Jul 16, 2012
    Bentonville Arkansas
    Im trying to find out if there is a book or something i can use to guide me on repairs and what not.. Like what needs to come off to get to this and so on. I need to replace a sending unit on a 2007 international 9400. Trying to find out if i need to drop that tank in order to do this. Would be nice to have a manual around for other repairs though:p

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Pedigreed Bulldog

Pedigreed Bulldog Road Train Member

May 7, 2011
    You won't find a Chiltons or Haynes manual for a class 8 truck...too many variables. Just have to learn by doing...trial & error...or ask someone who's done it before. If you start to pull the sending unit and can't get it out because the cab or frame is in the way, then that'll answer your question as to whether or not you need to drop the tank. If it slips right out, that's the more favorable answer to your question. Either way, you'll get your answer once you start tearing into it.

TruckerPete1990 Thanks this.
  4. Heavyd

Heavyd Road Train Member

Feb 4, 2009
    As far as it know, it doesn't work like that. All our manuals are on-line. You need to be a dealer or fleetshop with access to our service information. I do not believe they printed books for several years now.

TruckerPete1990 Thanks this.
  5. samcperez

samcperez Light Load Member

Nov 1, 2016
    Yes if you pay monthly and or yearly to Mitchell On Demand or a similar service you get that type of info.Its not cheap enough for O/O's to typically wanna buy it.Most services and or mfg software is around 700-1200 yearly.They make it an online subscription service not a cd you buy once and use forever.

6. DDlighttruck

DDlighttruck Road Train Member

Dec 12, 2015
    Even on an '05? I'm looking for a service manual and wiring diagram book.

7. Heavyd

Heavyd Road Train Member

Feb 4, 2009
    About 1999 was when they stopped with printed books and all went on line. Any material out there is pirated. I can always help you with something you are working on, but I cannot pirate you complete manuals, sorry.

TruckerPete1990 and DDlighttruck Thank this.
  8. DDlighttruck

DDlighttruck Road Train Member

Dec 12, 2015
    I was just hoping to have something to carry with me in the truck. Wiring diagrams are really helpful to have. Nothing specific at the moment, just trying to plan ahead. Thanks

9. Heavyd

Heavyd Road Train Member

Feb 4, 2009
    I agree totally, and back in the 80's and early 90's a complete wiring diagram book was included with every truck along with the owners manual!

DDlighttruck Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.