Set ups with brokers

Discussion in 'Ask An Owner Operator' started by Blackhorse77, Mar 31, 2020.

1. Blackhorse77

Blackhorse77 Light Load Member

Feb 29, 2020
    I don’t think so. I believe it’s some kind of certification.

Last edited: Mar 31, 2020
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Blackhorse77

Feb 29, 2020
    No worries. I get that from time to time. When we were looking for a trailer, I stopped by the vending machine. The seller was talking to my husband. My husband told him to wait for me. The seller said, “What you need her for?” I didn’t hear him. My husband told me later. Simply put, men don’t like women in this business. I can tell if a man respects a woman by observing interactions in the workplace.

Last edited: Mar 31, 2020
    Manice955 Thanks this.
  4. PE_T

PE_T Road Train Member

For SmartWay, select no, unless you are signed up. Out of the list you’re seeing, the one selection that could matter is CARB if you plan to go into CA. Your truck and reefer trailer (if you have one) need to comply with CA CARB laws. If you don’t plan to go to CA, then select no for this one.

SmartWay Transport Partnership - Wikipedia

Something that could help you understand the trucking business is to look for OOIDA’s educational videos on YouTube or their website. Watch the ones that are relevant to starting a trucking business. There’s also a (discontinued but useful) podcast called Trucking With Authority that has lots of relevant information.

clausland and Blackhorse77 Thank this.
  5. Blackhorse77

Feb 29, 2020
    I will check these videos. Usually, I go to google first. But SmartWay term can be used in so many ways, I thought I can get someone on board here faster. Thank you.

PE_T Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.