Sexual assault class action lawsuit

Discussion in 'CRST' started by Blue02celi, May 21, 2015.

1. Blue02celi

Blue02celi Road Train Member

Aug 3, 2007
    Melbourne, FL
    seems like every time one of these pops up, its with CRST

Female Drivers Sue CRST
    Drivers Cathy Sellars, Claudia Lopez and Leslie Fortune are the lead plaintiffs in a federal class action suit against CRST Expidited. The women say that some male drivers make inappropriate comments, ask for sex, and sexually assault them. According to the suit, “when female drivers refuse to have sex with them, male drivers retaliate, including but not limited to by kidnapping them, kicking them off shared trucks, making false reports of misconduct, threatening them with weapons, beating them or threatening beatings, spreading rumors they are prostitutes, preventing them from contacting CRST for assistance, and refusing to assist them with work-related tasks”.

http://cdllife.com/2015/resources/female-truck-drivers-claim-crst-ignored-sexual-assault-complaints/

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Shaggy

Shaggy Road Train Member

Sep 21, 2006
    FIGMO
    Piss poor situation all around.

Wonder how much of it is true.

Last edited: May 21, 2015
  4. 77smartin

77smartin Road Train Member

Apr 3, 2011
    I dunno.
    Ever seen a CRST driver that looked like they had more than a dollar?

marineman227 and Shaggy Thank this.
  5. Shaggy

Shaggy Road Train Member

Sep 21, 2006
    FIGMO
    I read it more thoroughly. Answered my own question.
    Sad excuse for a carrier, not surprised though, It is trucking and it's he said - she said living in a tin box.

Of course I have, The $5 i gave him :D

77smartin Thanks this.
  6. born&raisedintheusa

born&raisedintheusa Road Train Member

Sep 20, 2012
    It may be a good idea to have male trainers with male students and female trainers with female students. What other solution is there?

God bless every American and their families! God bless the U.S.A.!

7. redoctober83

redoctober83 Road Train Member

Sep 10, 2013
    Seattle, wa
    But if you do that then it's called discrimination and there have been many lawsuits on that in this industry about females not getting trained because companies make them wait for a female trainer. And they wonder why companies did that in the first place. Oh well.

Sad part is I picked one of the plaintiffs up when I worked at CRST. I was driving the shuttle at the terminal while they attempted to fix my truck for the week when I got a call to go pick the lady up from the train station.

She was telling me about how this trainer used her as a slave while on his truck. Told her she had to cook, clean, treat him well if she wanted to pass training. She finally got off the truck when she could get to a train station safely to return to the terminal. The trainer of course shows up two days later and claims she was forcing herself on him, she couldn't drive, she was constantly hooking up at the truck stops. It was bad and CRST didn't do a thing about him either.

I wish them luck

born&raisedintheusa Thanks this.
  8. born&raisedintheusa

born&raisedintheusa Road Train Member

Sep 20, 2012
    If it is a choice of being discriminated against or being sexually assaulted, then being discriminated against would definitely be the LESSER OF TWO EVILS.
    As HORRIBLE as it is to be discriminated against, being denied training and a job to enable yourself to earn a decent living to climb out of poverty and other really bad circumstances, it is a MILLION TIMES WORSE for any human being to be sexually assaulted under any circumstances whatsoever.
    The federal government, all of the 50 states, and the trucking companies need to realize that safety comes before anything else.
    If the lady cannot get a female trainer to train her for the truck driving job, then the lady, for her SAFETY & PROTECTION, may have to go into another line of work, HOPEFULLY a decent paying line of work to earn a decent living.
    SADLY & UNFORTUNATELY, the bullies and predators are already trained and earning a decent living.
    NOTE:
    I know what it is like to be denied a job as a result of discrimination. I also know what it is like to be denied training to better myself at a particular job, to be able to earn a much higher paycheck to afford a better standard of living. Discrimination is absolutely and positively HORRIBLE!!
    Again, it is a MILLION TIMES WORSE for any human being to be sexually assaulted under any circumstances whatsoever.

God bless every American and their families! God bless the U.S.A.!

Last edited: May 25, 2015
  9. redoctober83

redoctober83 Road Train Member

Sep 10, 2013
    Seattle, wa
    I totally agree with you on that. It is better for them to be discriminated against and not have a trainer then be put on a truck with a predator.

I was just pointing out the fact that this is how our industry got to this point. Seems to me somewhere along the line we completely forgot about women's safety as they were fighting for there injustice of not getting trained.

It's sad to see our industry come to this.

born&raisedintheusa Thanks this.
  10. Goldsux2015

Goldsux2015 Light Load Member

Jul 9, 2015
    CRST is the worst at retaliating and writing false reports on your DAC. If you don't give them what they want, they try to end your trucking career. Unless a woman has sex, she can forget being on any dedicated fleet. And that is just wrong. And the dispatchers will write all kinds of lies on DAC if they quit.

11. Awesome Possum

Awesome Possum Light Load Member

Aug 15, 2011
    Ft Lauderdale FL
    Been saying it for years... cameras in co-ed trainer cabs.

Also, with the number of females in the industry increasing, women already in the fleet should be HIGHLY incentivized to be trainers.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.