SFI Kenworth T680

Discussion in 'Schneider' started by HarleyKen, Sep 9, 2016.

1. HarleyKen

HarleyKen Bobtail Member

Sep 9, 2016
    Wisconsin
    Hello everyone, I appreciate all of the posts on the Schneider choice program. I have been approved by SNI and SFI. I live 50 miles west of Green Bay so I'm in a good area. I'm looking at a 2016 t680 through sfi that doesn't have quite the spec sheet as the premium t680 but it doesn't require much down. It has an automatic 10 speed ( that I would prefer anyway) the side skirts aren't painted( dark charcoal color). Less gauges,. No frig ( I can get the frig for $600 at truck fridge) no air ride or swivel passenger seat and doesn't have the lower level windows in the sleeper. How often are you guys with 680's using your swivel seat? This one still has the desk but I would have to sit on the bed to use it. This truck does come with a tripac. The thing that bothers me the most is the side skirts being unpainted. I would still put $1000-2000 down to get the matching money at the end of the lease. Thoughts? Thanks in advance . Ken

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. KriegHund

KriegHund Medium Load Member

Nov 5, 2015
    On a hill south of heaven
    What are you willing to live with or without, is the question you need to ask yourself. Did you ask why the skirts weren't painted? How many drivers have had this truck prior?

HarleyKen Thanks this.
  4. HarleyKen

HarleyKen Bobtail Member

Sep 9, 2016
    Wisconsin
    It's a brand new truck. It's just a little lower spec sheet that doesnt require the high down payment

5. HarleyKen

HarleyKen Bobtail Member

Sep 9, 2016
    Wisconsin
  6. HarleyKen

HarleyKen Bobtail Member

Sep 9, 2016
    Wisconsin
    A pic of the T680 I'm looking at.

7. CaptainDaveG

CaptainDaveG Road Train Member

Jul 31, 2014
    Fremont Wi
    I am with Schneider as an IC. I have a almost a year in on my 2016 Freightliner, I bought the swivel part that now makes my seat swivel....which I love. Prior to here I drove for Millis and the passenger seat swivel was awesome. Even if you pay the 7 grand for the top of the line T680 you get that back at lease end. But then again chrome don't get you home.

Be Safe Out There

Captain Dave

mxpx148, Waggledaddy and HarleyKen Thank this.
  8. 91B20H8

91B20H8 Road Train Member

Oct 17, 2012
    The Heart of the North, Mi
    Calling @TennMan may be your best bet

9. 91B20H8

91B20H8 Road Train Member

Oct 17, 2012
    The Heart of the North, Mi
    I've got a JUN2014 called a 15 company 680 and the table behind the passenger seat now holds my fridge with minor mods. Cheap Avanti walmart special powered by a 300 watt belkin inverter

Waggledaddy and HarleyKen Thank this.
  10. HarleyKen

HarleyKen Bobtail Member

Sep 9, 2016
    Wisconsin
    My Lhasa Apso dog probably wouldn't notice if the seat is air ride but using the swivel seat to use the desk sure looks nice.

11. kw550cat

kw550cat Medium Load Member

May 22, 2012
    brooklyn, new york
    Lookat it like this.
    It's YOUR truck. You are paying for it at the end of the month and it is your money maker. The questions you should consider are what do I want? What did I dislike about all the compnay trucks I drove? What was lacking? What do I want in MY truck.
    If your plan is to run this truck and turn it in, then a basic truck will do, but if you have long term plans then maybe it os worth investing into a truck with the specs you want.

Friday and driverdriver Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.