SFI Trucks

Discussion in 'Schneider' started by WingRider, Aug 14, 2013.

1. Opus

Opus Road Train Member

Dec 18, 2011
    South GA
    Sounds a lot like a legacy dispatch.....can't say much about the truck breaking down, but I can say this much, I'd never get into a lease and let someone else decide how many miles I run and where I go. Don't mean to be ugly, but that's a fools game......

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. 3RD COAST TRUX

3RD COAST TRUX Bobtail Member

Sep 15, 2016
    Thanks 4 input!!
    Dusk72, post: 3631222, member: 31162"]My husband and I teamed and we made the BIG mistake of leasing through SFI. We were told we had to get a new truck. Ours was a 2012 587 Pete with a Cummins ISX engine 13 speed. Our payments were $1,335.00 per WEEK. This truck had problems from day one. All documented and our rep Karen G was aware of. I would send her emails each time the truck broke down or had a problem. We got the truck in Sept of 2011. The first year the truck cost $11,000.00 in repairs. Now the maintenance account would take out $140.00 and put it aside for truck repairs. Doing the math you can see we were already in the hole. Anyway in Jan 2013 Karen told us that her manager said since we were having never ending trouble with this truck they were going to get us out of it and put us in a new one. We were pleased thinking now we can run and make money. Was told the truck we wanted was coming in in May and choose a color. Then we waited and waited and waited. Finally the third week of May I called Karen and asked when the truck was coming in. Her reply was: we had a meeting and since you are so far behind in payments and in the hole for maintenance we are not going to do it. We were stuck with the piece of crap. Next problem, if this wasn't enough, was when the truck did run, the miles sucked. Even though we were IC's teams were dispatched. PLANNERS! So trying to get out of the hole was impossible because the miles we would get would just barely cover expenses and many times there wasn't enough for that truck payment. This all comes to a head when the truck once again had a problem with the exhaust system and we got the stop engine light. It down for 4 days. Get it back and 3 weeks later, it now develops a problem with either the clutch or transmission. I don't know which because when we called SFI again to let her know she tells me: you've had so much trouble with the truck we are going to take the truck back and take you out of the lease. Not our fault but we are the ones that suffer.&nbsp; <br>Also there were times because of the truck or lousy miles we would be 3 payments behind. We would get a rare excellent week. SFI would take all 3 payments at once. Out of close to $10,000.00 we would get $200.00 or nothing. When I asked why hit us with it all we need money to pay bills at home. Karen's response.....if the truck makes money we are going to take the payments. We are not going to not take a payment so you can pay your bills at home.<br><br>Don't lease anywhere. If you can get a truck through a bank or buy one outright don't go IC<br>[/QUOTE]
    Thanks for honest I

4. drvrtech77

drvrtech77 Road Train Member

Mar 20, 2010
    Thanks for honest I[/QUOTE]
    What's the rest of the story?..I know another IC who had same situation and was able to get into another trucks and is still here and running...something is missing here...

5. Oam123

Oam123 Bobtail Member

Jul 30, 2017

6. Oam123

Oam123 Bobtail Member

Jul 30, 2017

7. Oam123

Oam123 Bobtail Member

Jul 30, 2017
    Sorry. Been trying to figure out how to post on this site. Anyway, I've driven the cascadia, volvo, kw 660 and kw 680. 10 speeds and auto. The most frustrating thing is not having enough power to haul heavy loads. Start there. It's all in the engine. After that, the Volvo had nicer interior. Another annoying thing is that they all put the adapter/charger right behind the cup holders. Stupid little things like that make me wonder who is designing these interiors. The cascadia had the most storage under the bed, but the Volvo had a convertable table. After the engine, it's all how you want to customize the interior.

8. drvrtech77

drvrtech77 Road Train Member

Mar 20, 2010
    It's not all in the engine... While yes the engine has some part to do with it you've also got to have the right Transmission in the right rear ends to pull the hills like you want to

SingingWolf and QuietStorm Thank this.
  9. Oam123

Oam123 Bobtail Member

Jul 30, 2017
    Of course. The mechanics versus the cosmetics.

10. aztruckerr

aztruckerr Light Load Member

Apr 20, 2013
    phoenix,az
    it's in reference to this comment he made. saying they hardly ever go home. (we are with now, and have no plans of getting a "home" anytime soon,)

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.