Shaffer Driver Chat Room

Discussion in 'Shaffer' started by TaserTot, Feb 4, 2012.

1. ONESHOT1997

ONESHOT1997 Medium Load Member

Jul 3, 2011
    Brandon Fl.
    YEP' I have heard that, I am not on one, and haven't taking the test, I have a problem with them saying only they can do it, and no one else.

If they gave drivers a choice, it would be better, like sure we will accept the results from a hospital.

Starting my week with a full bank of hrs, 600 to due today, I also have home time this week. Can not wait to get home see the old ladie and jump on the old Harley for a ride:fart:

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. TaserTot

TaserTot Light Load Member

Jan 30, 2012
    West/Central TX
    Nice...hope my miles pick up. I'm on hometime sometime this week. I'm thinking about staying out 30 days next time so we'll see how that goes. I'll post miles eventually.

4. ONESHOT1997

Jul 3, 2011
    Brandon Fl.
    Well just did 596 today, have a 1000 del, in the morning.

I stay out about 24 days, then home for 4-5, depends how they get me home.

5. TaserTot

Jan 30, 2012
    West/Central TX
    Well I'm waiting to be unloaded here in Windsor, Ct then a hour drive home 'til Sat. I'm going to try staying out 30 days this time. I'm going to try some different things this time to get miles I talk to some drivers in a said that you have to call in to get miles. I'm gonna try to stay on them more this time and if that fails they said to call the terminal manager and threaten to quit. I really hate doing that but I hear it works. I won't be bluffing either. I've a
    started looking at other companies. The thing that gets me is that they keep hiring people even though they don't seem to have very many miles.

6. Dark_Majesty_06

Dark_Majesty_06 Road Train Member

Jun 15, 2009
    Poplar bluff, mo
    Good luck. If i call my terminal manager, she blames me for not getting miles. I ask dispatch for more miles and I get a 400 mile load with 2 days and no t call option. I think this system of going to dedicated dispatch may be worse than the regional set up we had. If you make your dm mad, you have to live with that. You made a regional mad, you only had to deal with em for a few days. It seems for some miles aren't strong this year. Last year at this exact time, I was rolling all the time.. now I am struggling to get miles.

I wouldn't threaten to quit, as it may backfire. If your terminal manager doesn't solve it, I would call dispatch and ask for Mike m he seems to know how to solve problems and not try to lay the blame off on you. Whew, now that I blew some steam off.. if miles would pick up, I most likely would have to make something up to complain about.. lol.

7. ONESHOT1997

Jul 3, 2011
    Brandon Fl.
    Well had my Del this morning, on time, and-----then, no dispatch I was out in the middle of no-were., The words were I gave it to planing (O-No). waited 4 hrs, with a few e-mails to keep them focus on the problem ( I wasn't going away ) and then I told my dispatcher that I was going to start making some phone calls, and then BANG- load offer. The point I am trying to make Is you have to learn how they work, then make it work for you.

My dispatcher, said that the planing DEPT, should of had a run ready for ya, but they droped the ball, and I asked if we could hold them accountable, and I was told there is not a thing we can do about it. NICE

My dispatcher had to get approval to dead head me to a load and that took 30-45 min.

Every since I started to ride there case, and I have been assigned a dispatcher, my miles have increased, but when they tell me that they are going to do something in 30 Min's, I am on them in 31 Min's., I hold there feet to the fire. I also ask to see the preplans, and if they want some thing done in exchange for a preplan, I will not move until I see the preplan and accepted it, before I move. Its working for me, the multi=prong approach.

Learn The Rules, Then Make The Rules Work For YOU!:violent3:

8. TaserTot

Jan 30, 2012
    West/Central TX
    I feel the same way about the one dispatcher thing. I've always had a driver manager and I was looking forward to not having to deal with one person all the time. Once you get crosswise with that person your miles go down.

9. Dark_Majesty_06

Dark_Majesty_06 Road Train Member

Jun 15, 2009
    Poplar bluff, mo
    Yes tasertot, that is correct. I've been here almost 2 years and for the most part, I've kept the family fed, shoes on the feet and my mustang well oiled but this year has been a train wreck for miles. My assigned dispatcher told me she was new... At dispatching and trucking... I was like wow, just anyone can walk in, put in a app and bam, your a dispatcher? Where so I sign up, lol.

I think my biggest problems stem from what I just said, there's a lot to learn and I'm paying the price for them to train a dispatcher. Once again, for me, forget about changing dispatchers, my terminal manager says your stuck with em till ya quit, they quit or transfer. Which I believe to be untrue as a friend switched dispatchers just he is from a different terminal.

I wish I didn't have to complain on the internet but when I can't get my own boss to listen, what ya gunman do? I want the old crete/shaffer back that the veterans here talk about. I want to not have to constantly be on top of someone to do the job they get paid for.. I wanna be a company cheerleader.... Lol.

10. midtndrvr

midtndrvr Bobtail Member

Mar 21, 2012
    columbia, tn
    I too have been with this company since august of 2011. Absolutely the worst paying job I've had in 25 years. I've had paychecks of 48$, 72$, 96$, and a lot of 200/300$ weeks. I've played phone tag n talked to so many managers about miles till I'm blue in the face. Nothing has changed. I'm stuck with them because they hung a medical on me with the phantom sleep disorder tag. That's 900$ out of pocket for me their "most valuable resource". If u don't mind 200-1200 mile weeks on avg, no layover pay, long hours/days sitting in truck stops or parking lots, no support for you as an individual, by all means get u a shaffer trailer. Oh yeah, they do pay a recruiting bonus if you can con some sucker into driving for them, but I couldn't do that to another driver.

11. ONESHOT1997

Jul 3, 2011
    Brandon Fl.
    Question?

Are you Regional, or over the road?:biggrin_2558:

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.