Shaffer Experiment

Discussion in 'Shaffer' started by xlsdraw, Dec 22, 2014.

1. Lone Ranger 13

Lone Ranger 13 Road Train Member

Sep 27, 2012
    Asheville, NC
    Reefer guys got it made. Just roll into the customer whenever you feel like it and the customer is always so happy to see you and pull your freight off so you can be on your way making money.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. RoadCall

RoadCall Road Train Member

Mar 12, 2012
    Yeah grocery warehouses are the best! After pulling a reefer my first 3 years, I have really missed it the last 17 years. Although I've gotta admit, .48 a mile is tempting, I've thought about Shaffer.
    I started with FFE in 1992 and made a whole .21 a mile after training.

4. xlsdraw

xlsdraw Road Train Member

Nov 17, 2010
    Winter Haven, Florida
    Camping here in Fairburn, GA. Deliver a mile away in the morning. Gonna try to get through a shop this week for an A service.

123456 and paul_4lp Thank this.
  5. bigtruckin89

bigtruckin89 Light Load Member

Apr 8, 2013
    paterson,new jersey
    hey is crete or Shaffer still big on that sleep test do they force it on you just recently got my 2 year card was thinking of joining them

6. RoadCall

Mar 12, 2012
    My guess is they are probably going to want their doctor to do a new physical, and yes they are pretty anal about that whole sleep crap from what I heard. I'm thinking of going there myself, I had a sleep study done for Conway Freight last May, hopefully I won't have to do it again!

bigtruckin89 Thanks this.
  7. bigtruckin89

bigtruckin89 Light Load Member

Apr 8, 2013
    paterson,new jersey

8. RoadCall

Mar 12, 2012

9. xlsdraw

Nov 17, 2010
    Winter Haven, Florida
    Yes if you are much overweight they will have you take the sleep study in New Kingstown, Wilmer, or Salt Lake City. It is a high quality Sleep study administered by Sleep Pointe. Crete/Shaffer pays for the test. If you test positive, they set you up the next night with a machine and mask. Expediting the process allows the driver to return to driving/earning right away. They charge $900 for the equipment to the driver that is paid in increments. I don't know what they do if a driver has recently taken and passed a Sleep study elsewhere. They attach a modem to the cpap that they issue so safety can monitor compliance remotely.

10. xlsdraw

Nov 17, 2010
    Winter Haven, Florida
    They do not administer the Sleep study at orientation. They have you sign a form stating you agree to get routed to one of those 3 terminals within 60 days. If you have already been diagnosed with Sleep Apnea and already have a machine you'd need to check with them to see if your machine is compatible with their monitoring system. If you take the test and Pass, I don't know how long that exempts a driver from being tested again. If you test positive, you will not pull another load until you are on the machine. Refusal to sign the form in orientation will get you sent home.

Jacked Jaw and bigtruckin89 Thank this.
  11. Brandson

Brandson Medium Load Member

Dec 14, 2013
    If you agree to get tested, be Completely prepared to receive a machine. Nearly everyone gets one.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.