Shaffer Trucking

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by Anonymous01, Aug 18, 2012.

1. CondoCruiser

CondoCruiser The Legend

Apr 18, 2010
    Tennessee
    Working on your own 1996 Civic doesn't make you a certified tech Scott, age 29, Papa Johns driver. Phone # 717-XXX-3XX8. You like Batman comics and are an inker. You are not so anonymous to come here and troll out forums.

You can't make a profession out of delivering pizza's. Get a real job. Go in the military, they are hiring. There's new drivers out there working 80 hours a week making less than you.

I always tip pizza drivers well. Unless I'm up in Carlise! :biggrin_2559:

48Packard, RizenPhoenix and Lonesome Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. franktaylor

franktaylor Light Load Member

Apr 8, 2010
    manchester, tn
    geesh all this pizza talk is making me hungry, i do promise if i order a pizza tonight and have it delivered i will be tipping$5. i do have to agree on the delivery charge thing though, i don't get that concept. If a company is charging that is should go to the driver for gas, oil and such. If i'm home i will drive the 2 miles and pick up a pizza but if i'm at a hotel or something i just figure it's part of the convenience and i still tip. maybe we should take this to the pizza delivery forum lol

CondoCruiser Thanks this.
  4. bigjoel

bigjoel Road Train Member

Jan 20, 2011
    Houston, Tx
    Owner-operators pay for all that stuff out of pocket.

It's a lot more than you pay to keep up your little Civic.

5. Army91W

Army91W Heavy Load Member

Nov 3, 2006
    San Antonio, TX
    Why don't you stop driving it probably pays a little better.

6. CondoCruiser

CondoCruiser The Legend

Apr 18, 2010
    Tennessee
    Lol, actually there is one. TipthePizzaGuy

franktaylor Thanks this.
  7. FCW9

FCW9 Light Load Member

Jun 12, 2012
    Baldwisnville, NY
    Dude, here's the issues i have with what you're saying.... There are 2 kinds of people in this world that are without a job only if they WANT to be without a job. Automotive service techs, and truck drivers. If you have your ASE, you can go pretty much anywhere and they will hire you. Honda certified, good, some smaller shops are looking for import techs that know the latest stuff. Jiffy Lube pays you $11-$13 an hour to start depending on experience.

Don't complain about having a low paying job. I COULDN'T work for 5 years because i was taking care of my father. i would have LOVED to have been making 250 a week for the past 5 years. Instead I got paid nothing, monetarily. I cooked, cleaned, shopped, and drove my father to and from doctor's appointments, in exchange for living at HIS home. At least you HAVE a car. I have roller blades, and used my father's car to go to the grocery store and take him to the doctor's.

I understand that food service workers generally get paid less than minimum wage, but at least you have a job and training you can fall back on. You aren't a mechanic right now because you don't want to be. Probably your attitude has a TON to do with why a shop won't hire you. How many times have you told your current boss to go have relations with him/herself? SUCK IT UP! Put your big boy panties on and go find a better job.

8. FCW9

FCW9 Light Load Member

Jun 12, 2012
    Baldwisnville, NY

Dang, CC. Remind me never to tick you off...

9. Lonesome

Lonesome Mr. Sarcasm

Dec 15, 2007
    Northern Indiana
    This is why I buy Digiorno at the store. Delivery drivers who think you owe them the world.

10. CondoCruiser

CondoCruiser The Legend

Apr 18, 2010
    Tennessee
    That all come off google. He's an internet blabber mouth. :)

Lonesome, Leftlane101 and 48Packard Thank this.
  11. Terrapin Flyer

Terrapin Flyer Light Load Member

Dec 3, 2011
    Annapolis, MD
    As a Shaffer driver out of New Kingstown (Carlisle) I can tell you there much better options than Papa Johns within walking distance.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.