Shaffer Trucking

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by Anonymous01, Aug 18, 2012.

1. JohnBoy

JohnBoy Road Train Member

Apr 24, 2009
    Lake Worth, FL.
    C'mon Al, let's call it what it really is. Jerry Sandusky, and was swept up under the carpet by all in charge over in State College.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Jumbo

Jumbo Road Train Member

Sep 4, 2009
    Appleton, Wisconsin
    I think you misunderstood, he is a pizza delivery guy NOT Lindsay Lohan.

4. Jumbo

Jumbo Road Train Member

Sep 4, 2009
    Appleton, Wisconsin
    Now we are talking about pizza AND strombolli?

5. casc1

casc1 Light Load Member

Nov 22, 2011
    toronto
    Hmmmmm....with that attitude there is only 1 tip you would get from me......can you guess what it is?????

6. wrestlingfan1

wrestlingfan1 Bobtail Member

Aug 8, 2012
    i think the whole point was missed here--because shaffer drivers wont tip well for their pizza the whole company should be shut down.

and tips are mandatory regardless of how crappy the service is and another point is that people in todays society shouldnt have to work to get a paycheck either.

7. Bristol

Bristol Light Load Member

Dec 19, 2011
    Florida

Last edited: Aug 19, 2012
    stevep1977 and franktaylor Thank this.
  8. stevep1977

stevep1977 Road Train Member

Dec 23, 2010
    Chicago, IL
    LOL, yeah, a 3-4 dollar tip is giving them the world LOL. They practically will burn that much gas delivering your product, gas you would have used if you went and picked it up yourself. If you want to consider the delivery charge into your tip calculation, then you should total it out to $5 minimum (delivery charge plus tip). So in this instance where the guy gets $1 delivery charge you should give at least $3-4 min. Having previously worked in this industry back in my school days it is amazing the level of ignorance some people possess. In actuality, the lazy types that are too lazy to pick up a pizza feel entitled to a free service at someone else's expense.

9. stevep1977

stevep1977 Road Train Member

Dec 23, 2010
    Chicago, IL
    LOL yeah, I would give them the old 40 mph cornering service so when they got their pizza it was shifted all over the place. Or the old shake up at their front door before they answer. There are some regular customers that you would get that would go out of their way to let you know they knew they were screwing you over, and they got a kick out of it. Hell, I even got one guy that demanded his exact change back (12 cents), but I didn't have it. He called in a complained to management because I just left (didn't have the 12 cents!) and the manager (probably a manager of Rizen's mentality) made me drive all the way back to give the guy his 12 cents.

Regardless of what some of these clueless types say, there are actually people out there that are even bigger ##### then them. Never have done any of the other doctoring that some people would do though, I have morals (urine, snot, spit, etc.)

franktaylor Thanks this.
  10. franktaylor

franktaylor Light Load Member

Apr 8, 2010
    manchester, tn
    this tip talk reminds me of a time i ate at the lee high truck stop in VA. I got a burger or something that came to just under $10. I happen to have had $15 on me so i tipped the waitress the $5. I left and started back to my truck and realized i forgot cigs so i went back in. The waitress was ringing in my ticket with the cashier and had her back to me and didn't xsee me come back in, she said " awww that poor guy must not know how to add, he left me a 50% percent tip" at first i was offended and when she saw me she walked away. I told the cashier to tell her i didn't tip her that much because i don't know how to add i tipped her that much 1. because iworked for tips and understand how hard it is to make a living and 2. she did a great job. I was mad about it for days though lol

11. 48Packard

48Packard Ol' Two-stop Shag!

Apr 19, 2009
    Could be anywhere

^^^^^^:biggrin_25514:^^^^^^

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.