Shakedown in Progress

Discussion in 'Ask An Owner Operator' started by JonJon78, Jan 27, 2023.

1. Long FLD

Long FLD Road Train Member

Mar 4, 2015
    If you go off duty or sleeper for a minimum of 2 hours it will pause your 14 hour clock. That came about with the 8/2 or 7/3 split sleeper a few years ago.

cke, Siinman, D.Tibbitt and 6 others Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Grumppy

Grumppy Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

Dec 11, 2010
    West Monroe, La
    Yep I related basic info about that to the FM. I didn't go into it too much. I didn't want to confuse the situation any worse than it was ya know.

Last edited: Jan 28, 2023
  4. Grumppy

Grumppy Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

Dec 11, 2010
    West Monroe, La
    Yeah, the FM last comment was, "I'll look into it and let you know.

I never heard back. I figured the FM was not able to understand such technical info & just didnt want to show any more "lack of understanding".

The fleet mgr didn't need to let me know anything. I was already informed. They were the ones confused.

cke, Siinman, Rideandrepair and 2 others Thank this.
  5. Dave_in_AZ

Dave_in_AZ Road Train Member

May 4, 2015
    No that place has been a scam since I've been driving .

JolliRoger, cke, JonJon78 and 3 others Thank this.
  6. Dave_in_AZ

Dave_in_AZ Road Train Member

May 4, 2015
    Dude I got a ticket for supposedly being overweight there 17 years ago when I drove for CRE.

I had a scale ticket was like 72K gross, his scale at the transfer station had me at like 81K.

He starts speaking going," It will be one thousand........."

My mind just cut off after that.

I told him I wasn't paying him a F dime. He's says he gets a few CRE trucks a month.

And I thought, " Well I'm not part of your payoff / shake down.

He says," You'll go to jail."

I says," Let's go to jail then."

I follow him to the jail. Lock the truck, and I'm walking in and he's like," No you can wait in your truck."

He calls CRE, safety calls me, I tell them never in a million years am I giving him a penny.

CRE says we'll pay him. I told them I'm not writing the comcheck, I don't give AF.

He comes out about 15 minutes later, he even has his own comchecks, CRE had him write it, gives me my license and says I can go.

It's not your imagination. That place is wtf corrupt, and hopefully they all die in a fire.

7. Last Call

Last Call Road Train Member

Mar 15, 2021
    Iowa will.do that too just had that happen to me about 6 mths go

cke, D.Tibbitt, Siinman and 4 others Thank this.
  8. jamespmack

jamespmack Road Train Member

Mar 25, 2014
    OH

What, Ohio is flat. So I been told.

RedForeman, JolliRoger, cke and 2 others Thank this.
  9. Crude Truckin'

Crude Truckin' Alien Spacecraft

Oct 22, 2016
    North Dakota, Eh?
    Buldge............I have a tuna can bulge he can inspect.

cke, JonJon78, Siinman and 3 others Thank this.
  10. Rideandrepair

Rideandrepair Road Train Member

Aug 8, 2015
    A friend of a friend’s got arrested about 7 yrs ago in Chicago. After being forced to follow the Officer to a local scale, the scale was OOS. The Officer wanted him to follow to another scale. He told the Officer that He had rights in America, and knew his rights. They arrested him, impounded the Truck/Trailer. Cost him over $2000 to get out of jail, and get his rig back. He was from another Country. I thought it was funny at the time, thinking he had rights. They really did him wrong. It was a bad deal. He’s since gone back to his Country of origin, where Individuals rights aren’t so upheld. Runs a mobile repair Truck. Doing much better overall than he was here. Go figure.

cke, JonJon78, D.Tibbitt and 5 others Thank this.
  11. Rideandrepair

Rideandrepair Road Train Member

Aug 8, 2015
    I got pulled over for a roadside inspection in Chicago on 94 near the skyway. July 1996, Local Cop. Very nice. Didn’t really check anything. Said he loves his new job. No longer wears his bulletproof vest. New safety program. Feds pay his salary, as long as he pulls over X amount of Trucks for DOT inspection. My Truck looked brand new, with a fresh paint job, and sticker from the Sales Lot still on the vent window. I got DOT’d 4 times in one month. Also a lot of compliments on the CB on the Looks of my Truck. Took the sticker off, and it all stopped. I think they pick new Trucks for inspection to avoid any recourse from passing an older Truck, that may have a problem they miss, and gets caught later. Maybe causing an accident. Just my theory. Makes sense, especially if the Officer isn’t very experienced.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.