Shambles

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by Flashdrive7, Mar 27, 2020.

1. Flashdrive7

Flashdrive7 Medium Load Member

Apr 24, 2015
    West Coast
    I empathize with you greatly. We all tend to be where we are from. With you, it's the Eastern seaboard. I'm a south Western guy by birth and where I always return to.

You are probably familiar with those decorations in truck stops of a map of the US made up of state license plates. After I had been to every one of the 48 and I have, the map looked so small. Land locked as I am doing short runs in southern California the map looks huge.

I want to make it small again.

650cat425 and x1Heavy Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    The Eastern Seaboard while valuable in history has lost it's shine in what has become a very stressful place to live. Thats why I like the west and south so much. You can find some of that quiet long enough to actually get something done today without someone constantly getting into your stuff as they would on the eastern seaboard.

650cat425 Thanks this.
  4. Flashdrive7

Apr 24, 2015
    West Coast
    How right you are. I had one a few days ago that had practically no brakes. The tractor had to do all the work. I had a near jackknife on a rainy day. If it would have happened on ice, I'd be dead.

Last night, I picked up one with a loose fitting pigtail jack. The pig tail came out. The idiot boss removed the deck plate from the truck months ago. Just for a little while like he always says. Anyway, the pig tail dragged on the road and was damaged. It still works but he will probably try to make me pay for it. The last time that happened it was worse. It wrapped around the drive shaft and tore completely off. Also, I nearly fell across into the well more then once hooking up the air lines and cable with no deck to stand on. I don't bother to play monkey now. I step into the well and straddle the drive shaft when hooking up the lines.
    I'm not a litigious man. If I was I would 'accidentally fall" into the well and call an ambulance chaser on my so called boss.

5. bryan21384

bryan21384 Road Train Member

Sep 18, 2009
    Memphis, TN
    Good grief man, I tried to haul containers and be local for a while, for the sake of family. The money wasn't good enough for me to keep at it. I had to explain to the wife what I had to do, but she's been incredible through this journey

6. Flashdrive7

Apr 24, 2015
    West Coast
    Most of the other drivers in our small crew like the arrangement of the last six months because they are family men.
    I'm not, which is why I love long haul so much. The boss turns that subject on me when I have told him I don't like local work "The other drivers don't complain. They are grateful for work" He reminds me of my mother. I loved her, but I grew tired of her method of assigning guilt.

650cat425 and Chinatown Thank this.
  7. bryan21384

Sep 18, 2009
    Memphis, TN
    I am a family man, but I will take OTR anyday over local. I love the weekly challenge of seeing how many miles I can put down

8. Flashdrive7

Apr 24, 2015
    West Coast
    I'm not challenging you, but I've 4200 miles in a week more than once.

That of course was with an ungoverned truck and running in states with a speed limit of at least 70 for trucks.

9. bryan21384

Sep 18, 2009
    Memphis, TN
    Oh yeah man, those open road states make it easy to burn it up with an ungoverned truck. When maxed out at 65, if you travel all 48, 4000 plus is a rare treat

10. Flashdrive7

Apr 24, 2015
    West Coast
    I guess that's why I have been working for mom and pop shops for the last six years. Big companies keep you reigned in at 64.

I used to feel like a pawn on a chessboard with big outfits.
    Little company methods aren't much better. The last bunch I worked for, only five trucks, and this current one has me feeling like a cross between a street walker and a pack mule

11. Dave_in_AZ

Dave_in_AZ Road Train Member

May 4, 2015
    If you have a year and a clean record there's adds in the jobs section ;)

650cat425 Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.