Shifter

Discussion in 'Peterbilt Forum' started by BRD TRANSPORT, Mar 27, 2022.

1. BRD TRANSPORT

BRD TRANSPORT Light Load Member

Jul 6, 2018
    Put new shifter bar on my truck.
    Eaton fuller 13 speed.
    1st I messed up lines some where on shifter.
    Now when I go to put trans in reverse,or first gear it feels like its in high range when i take off i and it runs normal and iv move wires around and the same

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Dino soar

Dino soar Road Train Member

Dec 8, 2017
    Well it's hard to understand from your post but yes it needs to be in neutral when you put the shifter in.

If it's in correctly you'll feel neutral and you'll be able to go into the gears. If it's not in correctly the shifter won't feel right and you won't to be able to go through your gears properly.

The Deep reduction and the range splitter are a different part of the transmission. If you put your transmission in Lo lo and that's not where it is or if you go to pull out and you are already in high range you have the lines messed up.

Don't forget that the detent balls and springs also need to be in before you put the shifter on.

4. Last Call

Last Call Road Train Member

Mar 15, 2021
    Not trying to kick you in the rubys.. but in your original thread you started the other day when you couldn't get the bolt out .. someone suggested that you take pictures and flag and number each airline .. BEFORE you took it apart.. now you know why

Bean Jr. and beastr123 Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.