Shippers don't need brokers?

Discussion in 'Freight Broker Forum' started by Bogatyr, Nov 4, 2013.

1. ironpony

ironpony Road Train Member

Sep 23, 2007
    Ask my GPS...
    Well... y'all who hate brokers should be deliriously overjoyed to know that U-Ship PRO is busily working at cutting out the middlemen (brokers)...

Of course, their object is to provide the lowest transportation cost to shippers.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. G/MAN

G/MAN Road Train Member

Sep 3, 2010
    This seems simple to me. If you don't like dealing with brokers then get on the phone, print some business cards and start knocking on shipper doors and get your own direct shippers. Brokers are not going to work for free. You should not expect brokers or anyone to work for free. Either brokers should be regulated to a fixed rate, which would involve government intervention, or just don't worry about what the broker makes. As long as you get the rate you want, it shouldn't really make a difference what the broker makes. If you deal with a broker, they are your customer. If you deal direct with the shipper, then they are your customer.

bullhaulerswife Thanks this.
  4. thirdreef

thirdreef Medium Load Member

Jul 8, 2013
    Reno,Nv
    We do.. It's called a trucking company.. Been around for about 100 years. And some of us even know how much it costs to run our business.

5. Davee

Davee Bobtail Member

Aug 30, 2013
    Thirdreef tell us what it cost to run your business. Your cost may be very different to the next persons

6. thirdreef

thirdreef Medium Load Member

Jul 8, 2013
    Reno,Nv
    You sure like to get into others personal business where you defiantly don't belong. And it is none of your business. Why don't you go buy a truck and find out. I know within 10 cents a mile of what my business costs are. And that isn't your business.

7. BigBadBill

BigBadBill Bullishly Optimistic

Oct 2, 2010
    Chattanooga, TN
    Danny, of course I won't provide a discount. We are offering a service of give us x% of you business and you have a single point of contact. We will run it on our assists or get the load covered. End results for the customer is the same. They send over a list of loads that need to be covered and we cover them.

But I suspect you get all this and are just playing the dullard to yank peoples chain. But it is fun to read all the experts that complain about silly things like FSC in the spot market.

8. ironpony

Sep 23, 2007
    Ask my GPS...
    But, but, the Truckin' Bozo (RIP) once said EVERYBODY needs a FSC!!!!

:laughing-guffaw:

BigBadBill Thanks this.
  9. indspirit

indspirit Light Load Member

Aug 17, 2013
    Yes, yes and yes. I don't use brokers because I don't have to or need to. Maybe if I started trucking in the last few years I would have a use for them. They are not the devil in disguise they are just trying to do a job.

bullhaulerswife Thanks this.
  10. Bogatyr

Bogatyr Bobtail Member

Sep 22, 2013
    How is Uship pro any different from any other loadboards?

11. ironpony

Sep 23, 2007
    Ask my GPS...
    It's an auction model... not to generate the highest price, but the lowest price. Dirt bag shippers love it!

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.