shock spacers for freightliner.

Discussion in 'Trucks [ Eighteen Wheelers ]' started by Ristow, Feb 4, 2017.

1. AModelCat

AModelCat Road Train Member

Jul 7, 2015
    Canuckistan
    Been about 7 years since I looked at an airliner suspension but IIRC the shocks didn't have spacers. The shock eyes were wide enough to fit the mounts. Looks like you've got the lighter rated suspension though. Everything we had ran the highest capacity airliner suspension so maybe its different?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Ristow

Ristow Road Train Member

Jun 28, 2014
    Fema Region 5
    it might. it does have the 10" frame rails,and the fronts of the rear springs are military wrap.

4. VWbeagle

VWbeagle Bobtail Member

Dec 21, 2016
    There is three different shock mounts for fld. One like yours. One with a spacer on one side, and one with a spacer on the other side. The one like you have, the shock itself should have a collar going all the way across. If the shocks don't then the shock mount would have the spacer on one side or the other depending on what side of the truck it is on. Only way to change shock mount is to pull the spring, take centre pin out of spring and change the mount. I would try and find the proper shock for the mount instead of changing the mount.

5. Ristow

Ristow Road Train Member

Jun 28, 2014
    Fema Region 5
    thanks VW,i was suspecting that,and the guy at freightliner couldn't get into the "old" computer,so he looked up a later model truck. i asked him if maybe those mounts have changed,and he had kinda progressed into the "better things to do" mode and said no......kinda like the waitress in "Tommy Boy" when he asks her if shes sure the kitchen was closed,lol.. these mounts are pretty beat up,if i do change them i'll go later model. the holes are wallowed out on some of them. i might just weld a heavy washer in there rather than swap them and all the hassles involved.

6. dclerici1

dclerici1 Medium Load Member

Aug 1, 2012
    MISSOURI
    I think I'd be more worried about the lining on that shoe than the spacer for the shock. Looks to me it's starting to separate from the shoe. Just sayin......

7. Ristow

Ristow Road Train Member

Jun 28, 2014
    Fema Region 5
    AModelCat Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.