Should I just deliver pizzas?

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by TheTransientTrucker, Mar 22, 2023.

1. tscottme

tscottme Road Train Member

As a pizza delivery driver. It's mostly a 2 day a week job. Fri and Sat night, and a weekday night if it rains are where you will make 90% of your pay. Working days is usually a way to waste hours and make little money.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    Pizza delivery drivers are being mugged and murdered just for the free pizza and whatever small change they have in their pockets.

TheTransientTrucker Thanks this.
  4. mpow66m

mpow66m Heavy Load Member

Jul 6, 2011
    Northeast
    Uber?Instacart?They make good money in my area.

TheTransientTrucker Thanks this.
  5. bryan21384

bryan21384 Road Train Member

Sep 18, 2009
    Memphis, TN
    I guess the driver has to see for himself or herself. One driver could have no problem getting accessory pay and the other one does. I don't think companies treat all drivers equally. I don't think any job does. Sometimes you miss miles on your check, and it could be human error. Sometimes you just don't get dispatched for a lot of miles. One dispatcher told me that he will dispatcher a driver 1800 miles weekly for 3 weeks straight just to get him to quit, mainly because he cant be trusted to deliver on time......I've worked there 3 plus years and have ran a #### ton of miles for them. Now what if a new driver happens to talk to talk to the untrustworthy driver instead of me? People seem to be moreso swayed by negative opinions on companies. You've seen it here time and time again

TheTransientTrucker and Chinatown Thank this.
  6. Milr72

Milr72 Medium Load Member

Dec 16, 2011
    S W Missouri
    I talked to a driver that was working for a company after I got hired, I was second guessing my decision to work there by the time he was done complaining about the company. Well it turned out to be a good company to work for. When I talked to him later, he had changed to a new company. Needless to say, he had nothing good to say about that company either.

7. God prefers Diesels

God prefers Diesels Road Train Member

Jun 26, 2020
    South Texas
    What does this mean? You expected to get in a wreck eventually?

Dflip and Rubber duck kw Thank this.
  8. Ex-Trucker Alex

Ex-Trucker Alex Medium Load Member

Jan 7, 2023
    I wish more drivers would heed this advice. I've worked on the inside at a company who pushed such lease-op situations onto guys who had no business sense whatsoever. From what I could deduct, lease-op had about a 75% failure rate in just the first year. If it's a choice between lease-op and delivering pizzas, your better off at Domino's.....

Cat sdp Thanks this.
  9. bryan21384

bryan21384 Road Train Member

Sep 18, 2009
    Memphis, TN
    Exactly what I'm talking about. He complains about every company, but never thinks he's the problem.

10. Cat sdp

Cat sdp . .

Apr 8, 2012
    Orion's Belt
    Many of us grew up just fine without the nanny riding with us…….

Trucker Paul and Vic Firth Thank this.
  11. Rubber duck kw

Rubber duck kw Road Train Member

Dec 9, 2017
    Yes you should do something, anything, else and it's not a joke. Problem number 1, you refer to this as your "first" wreck as if it's inevitable that everyone will wreck multiple times. Running a stop sign is one thing, running a stop sign and hitting someone else is another. Honestly that should be a disqualifier for ever having a CDL again.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.