Should Private Carriers Have This Legal Right, In The Name Of Safety?

Discussion in 'Motor Carrier Questions - The Inside Scoop' started by born&raisedintheusa, May 16, 2017.

1. MysticHZ

MysticHZ Road Train Member

May 28, 2010
    Well we can get you to stupid things or you lose your job ... want to quit? Well then, we'll just pull your license and take away your lively hood.

BigBluePeter, dngrous_dime and Friday Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    Trucking companies are not states. They do not have soveriegn right to issue drivers licensing.

The day that trucking companies can "Strip" CDL's from truckers will be a day I think we lose America. It is bad enough to strip bad or problem drivers of actual jobs. We have to (Who is this we?) fill orientations with many more to weed out even more bad drivers before they get a chance to touch a truck and incur a damage bill.

The way things are going I suspect trucking companies are trying to bypass the State and do what they want literally. They want the sleep apnea thing, they want the survillence thing they want they want actually they demand... not just want.

Any driver who values own freedom and privacy are simply going to have to find a company that does nothing of that sort and that number gets fewer and fewer. I tell drivers to put a dash cam on there absolutely. But do not put up with a camera in your face. Come on show some spine.

REO6205, clausland, Lonesome and 2 others Thank this.
  4. not4hire

not4hire Road Train Member

May 16, 2012
    Calgary
    Unquestionably...

NO!

Business cannot be trusted to be self-regulating (and I say that having owned and operated many businesses), that is, and should remain, the exclusive domain of government. To give business that kind of power over its employees would be an unmitigated disaster for drivers and the public alike. You would not end up with better drivers, you would have worse drivers... guaranteed.

born&raisedintheusa and x1Heavy Thank this.
  5. Majestic 670

Majestic 670 Heavy Load Member

May 10, 2016
    Landcruiser
    They can't strip CDL but they use Dac to make getting employed with that Cdl almost impossible.

BigTennOTR Thanks this.
  6. lfod14

lfod14 Road Train Member

Jan 9, 2014
    What would you call proper? The fact that a private company doesn't want you to have a license anymore? The fact you could even ask this scares the living crap out me!

7. Friday

Friday Road Train Member

Apr 7, 2016
    Charlottesville, Va
    Holy dear god no. Are you kidding? Can you imagine always worrying that your dispatch is just sitting there and making #### up about you so if you ever say no to something or if you say I quit they just tell you that if you say that they'll get your cdl revoked.

born&raisedintheusa Thanks this.
  8. born&raisedintheusa

born&raisedintheusa Road Train Member

Sep 20, 2012
    I wasn't trying to scare anybody.

I was thinking in terms of getting individuals who literally are bad drivers off of the road, STRICTLY from a SAFETY point of view.

This power would NOT be meant as a means of forcing a driver to meet a more strict schedule or anything else like that. If the driver cannot meet a more strict schedule, then the company would terminate him or her, NOT revoke his or her license.

If the individual truck driver is driving safely, he or she would not have anything to worry about.

God bless every American and their families! God bless the U.S.A.!

OTR & LTL - over the mountains - through the woods - coast to coast - sea to shining sea

[​IMG]
    The OTR & LTL truck drivers of America are positively the driving force of our economy.

Last edited: May 16, 2017
  9. MrEd

MrEd Road Train Member

Sep 2, 2011
    Winfred, SD
    What is this proper documentation of which you speak? What would the process look like? A boss who is disgruntled because you refuse to operate an unsafe truck, so he fabricates a few lies to punish you. There is no way to have a system like this without it being used against drivers by some unscrupulous companies. The system is frequently stacked against drivers as itbis with DAC and CSA/PSP.

born&raisedintheusa Thanks this.
  10. not4hire

not4hire Road Train Member

May 16, 2012
    Calgary
    Regardless of intent, it would be misused... sic semper erat, et sic semper erit

Friday Thanks this.
  11. Majestic 670

Majestic 670 Heavy Load Member

May 10, 2016
    Landcruiser
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.