Showers

Discussion in 'Truck Stops' started by MBAngel, Oct 11, 2019.

1. MBAngel

MBAngel Medium Load Member

Apr 1, 2018
    Tucson, Arizona
    I dunno, but with all the fuel we buy, we got enough points to pay for parking too. We drive team, so... not a lot of parking needed. And a lot of truckers have a fridge and a way to cook, so, not everyone spends that on food. I just think a little gratitude goes a long way.

autopaint and LoSt_AgAiN Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. buddyd157

buddyd157 Road Train Member

May 25, 2017
    under a shade tree
    perto, in bordentown, nj...

i was sitting at my table. the waitress walked past me, never even acknowledged me by saying sometime simple like, "i'll be right back"...

i waited, and waited for her..i even raised my hand to get her attention..

then she flagrantly asked, "what does this mean (as she was waving her hand)

when she finally found the time to come to my table, i made that girl WORK her butt off...i was ordering more coffee, i wanted more water, i asked her for more napkins, and i wanted more cheese for my spaghetti...then i ordered dessert, something i never really do.

time to pay the bill, i gave her EXACT money, down to the penny....then i asked for a coffee refill...when she went for the coffee pot, i scrammed...the bill was paid.....i think all i left her were the crumbs on the table.

one time i was at a pizza place, me and the wife and our kids... the gal was asked SEVERAL times for a shaker of cheese, as the kids wanted more cheese..

waitress NEVER came quick enough for me, and it WAS NOT like the place was jamming with customers, you could count all the empty chairs/tables.

paid the bill at the cash register, told her that her tip was at the table...

more crumbs.

you see, TIP....TO INSURE PROMPTNESS...

NOT, Make The Customer Wait..or Ignore thier presence.!!

Tb0n3, JonJon78 and jammer910Z Thank this.
  4. jammer910Z

jammer910Z Road Train Member

May 28, 2015
    I've always left a tip for the attendant.
    But, it's usually $1.
    Reason being that when you see how long they actually spend getting those showers ready for the next occupant it makes you wonder just how much effort is REALLY going into sanitation and not just aesthetics.

Just watch. They'll scoot in.. wipe the counters, toilet, run a wet mop over the floor and shower floor.. leave new linens.. and POOF they're gone.
    3min tops.

If I get one that's REALLY clean... no dust bunnies on the fan, no dirt in the corners, etc.. I'll up that tip because they're making an effort.

If I get one that looks like Hell... say the one like last week where the last guys used wash cloth was still laying there... NOTHING.

Tb0n3 and D.Tibbitt Thank this.
  5. thelushlarry

thelushlarry Road Train Member

Jan 9, 2012
    glasgow ky
    Do I get tipped if the load arrives undamaged? Do I get tipped if I arrive on time? Do I get tipped for being polite?

91B20H8, SteveScott, Fatboy42 and 2 others Thank this.
  6. D.Tibbitt

D.Tibbitt Road Train Member

Apr 26, 2013
    Gettin' down westbound
    Right? We provide a very important service as well, nobody tips us...most of the time we get the short end of the stick...

JonJon78, thelushlarry and buddyd157 Thank this.
  7. buddyd157

buddyd157 Road Train Member

May 25, 2017
    under a shade tree
    i got you beat on that observation

some truck stop, down south, can't recall..

i was waiting for a shower room to open.

attendant (joke job description), went in, and took the wet towels, put in clean ones (and i wonder if they are cleaned or just run thru the driers?)

then he proceeds to wash the floor...WITH BLACK WATER from that bucket...

and her'e the kicker..

he USED THAT SAME BLACK WATER to mop out the shower stall....

good thing i have with me, my flip flops..

and that i take my own CLEAN towels..

now yes, maybe it was ONLY THAT particular truckstop, but from that day forward, I NEVER trusted the cleanliness of any truck stop shower room

ain't NO WAY in hell, am i gonna tip a paid hourly worker.

nredfor88, jammer910Z and D.Tibbitt Thank this.
  8. Lite bug

Lite bug Road Train Member

May 3, 2014
    Columbus Ohio
    That Petro is the worst Petro, even Scranton.

9. SteveScott

SteveScott Road Train Member

Nov 10, 2015
    Went into a 4 stall men's room at a PFJ a couple days ago. All were full except for one being cleaned by an attendant. This guy was on his hands and knees literally scrubbing the crap out of that toilet, walls and floor. I had to go badly, but not much I could do. I had never seen anybody cleaning a toilet with such gusto, and I tipped him a couple bucks as he finished, and told him his hard work was appreciated. The stall was pristine when he finished, but not so much after I finished.

Long FLD, starmac, MBAngel and 3 others Thank this.
  10. starmac

starmac Road Train Member

Apr 11, 2019
    Fairbanks Ak
    I saw something unusual at a flying hook once at the one east of burlington. I want to say the place is Haw or something like that. Anyway I went in the restroom and was taking care of business when a long haired dude came in and started cleaning.. I didn't think a lot about it, till I washed my hands and started out, and saw it was a woman, not a dude. lol
    The door was to the restroom was propped open and open to the TV room, so I sat down and watched, for thirty minutes os so she was in and out all the while drivers were also in and out. I finally ask a driver when he came out if he had noticed, and he didn't but then checked and got mad, I don't know why. lol

11. Capacity

Capacity Road Train Member

Jul 28, 2019
    Neenah Wi
    I left a 1000$ gold chain hanging on the coat hook in a TS shower , never got it back , maybe they thought it was a tip.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.