Showers

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by Kingty9183, May 22, 2020.

1. Lennythedriver

Lennythedriver Road Train Member

Feb 14, 2020
    This guy needs to be an engineer for Tesla or something. Lmao! I think I’ll stick with my loves free showers. That’s said, this guy proves, If you must shower on your truck there’s a way to get it done

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Wasted Thyme

Wasted Thyme Road Train Member

Jan 27, 2020
    GOAT watching
    But team showers require you to shower together. lol

At least he can wash your back. But don"t drop your soap.

Last edited: May 22, 2020
    LoSt_AgAiN Thanks this.
  4. danny23tx

danny23tx Road Train Member

Feb 16, 2016
    Austin,Tx
    Every driver company or O/O should have a rewards card to get free showers . The only place I pay for one are Danny's in Phoenix and that's 12 bucks . Last I looked I probably had unlimited showers at Pilot and the J .

Bean Jr. Thanks this.
  5. HillbillyDeluxeTruck

HillbillyDeluxeTruck Road Train Member

Mar 3, 2013
    San Antone
    I have rewards cards for TA/Petro, Loves, Pilot Flying J, AmBest, TexBest, Road Ranger, and one other I can't think of. As said 50-60gal of fuel gets you a shower credit. You buy enough fuel you hit a higher status and get free showers at certain places. If your company uses a certain fuel place, sometimes you'll get double-5x's the points per gallon for every fill up. So like if you get 3x's the points at PFJ, for every 100 gallons, you get $3 in points.

Selva and austinmike Thank this.
  6. Milr72

Milr72 Medium Load Member

Dec 16, 2011
    S W Missouri
    If the OP is not a truck driver and wanders into a truck stop asking how much they charged for a shower, they would probably give him a higher price just to have him go elsewhere.

Bean Jr. and Blue Zombie Trucker Thank this.
  7. SteveScott

SteveScott Road Train Member

Nov 10, 2015
    I haven't been filling up at PFJ for the last few weeks because the fuel is so cheap at the mom & pop truck stops, so I didn't have any shower credits yesterday. The nice lady behind the counter comped me a shower, which I thought was very nice of her.

8. MBAngel

MBAngel Medium Load Member

Apr 1, 2018
    Tucson, Arizona
    I don't mind showering with my teammate. Hes a hunka hunk! Well, and hes my hubby. But we only pay for one shower to do that...
    For the new guy, a team shower is really a second shower. Solo in each. No sharing, lol. Just to be clear, all joking aside.

9. USMC '74-'78 Semper Fi

USMC '74-'78 Semper Fi Light Load Member

Nov 13, 2013
    Mount Union, PA
    It might be cheaper to pay the $12 for a shower at the big truck stops as verse to buy their high priced fuel. The smaller/mom and pops stops with the lower fuel cost at times .30+ a gal lower than the larger truck stops the savings for 50/60 gallons is $15 to 18 dollars. With more fuel, the saving is even greater. 100 gallon at .30 a gallon cheaper is a $30 savings. I'll go for the lower cost per gallon and pay the $12 for the shower. Simple math for me. Tks

Truckermania and Selva Thank this.
  10. MBAngel

MBAngel Medium Load Member

Apr 1, 2018
    Tucson, Arizona
    Personally, I'm a company driver. I have no choice who I patronize. New drivers asking questions about showers are typically not owner op, lol

11. buddyd157

buddyd157 Road Train Member

May 25, 2017
    under a shade tree
    it's like this. get any and all points cards that are available at the various truck stops you will get to while on the road. buy your fuel, and if need be, the engine oil. these purchases can add up really quick.

when the points add up to a cash value, and you need a shower, but did not buy fuel for say 2 days? BUY a shower.

with a fuel purchase of x amount of gallons, you get 1 FREE shower. sometimes, you can save those shower tickets for another day, but i do believe they expire in x amount of time.

otherwise, keep racking up those points.

drivers that DO NOT want to pay for a shower, are the same ones where you are standing at the fuel desk, and you see flies circling around them. these are also the same guys, that use the bathroom, do not wash thier hands and go right out to the buffet table.

there just is NO NEED for anyone to skip a shower, at any time.

i never did, and i never had accepted any driver saying NOT taking one that, "you know how it is, i ain't had the time"..

i always answered back, "no i don't know how it is"

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.