Shram Brokers

Discussion in 'Freight Broker Forum' started by SuperDispatcher, Jun 23, 2017.

1. SuperDispatcher

SuperDispatcher Bobtail Member

Jun 23, 2017
    Shram Brokers out KY:
    Broker made a mistake in scheduling to a destination that closed before appointment time. Wanted driver to drive 237 miles for free. Finally found a cold storage place and ordered the driver to pay with a com-check, afterwards broker deducted the com-check from the load.
    They have done this several times on several loads; they claim that the com-check is an advance.
    BEWARE OF REFRIGERATED OR FROZEN LOADS FROM THIS BROKER, SPECIALLY MULTI-DROPS.
    Owner Russ is aware of problem and looks the other way, even when shown signed rate confirmations from the broker showing scheduling mistakes.

KB3MMX Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Western flyer

Western flyer Road Train Member

Mar 13, 2014
    So they bent you over the table once.
    You didn't learn your lesson after the first time.

KB3MMX and Snailexpress Thank this.
  4. Ruthless

Ruthless Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2010
    The City.
    Or liked it..

5. flatbeb mac

flatbeb mac Medium Load Member

Aug 16, 2015
    The com check is an advance, period. The proper approach would have been more along the lines of;

First negotiate a rate on travel to cold storage and your lost time due to their mistake, second get price for cold storage ask broker if they will reimburse the fee (obviously they would they sent com check) on top of that remind said broker that there is an x% service fee on the cold storage price and get a new rate agreement. As you should do anytime that there is and unforeseen cost, lumper, pallet fee, or whatever comes up that wasn't discussed during the original rate agreement. As for the com check shram didn't screw you, you did that part yourself.

KB3MMX, DSK333 and Snailexpress Thank this.
  6. Snailexpress

Snailexpress Road Train Member

Apr 28, 2014
    Rocky
    Super need to learn what is INVOICE for, how to write expenses to get full TOTAL.

7. wiseguy1958

wiseguy1958 Bobtail Member

Jul 30, 2013
  8. wiseguy1958

wiseguy1958 Bobtail Member

Jul 30, 2013
    As am reading, all am not surprised. SHRAM IS BULL ####, YES KY. HAS RULED PEOPLE, I DON'T HAVE NO PROBLEM WITH OTHER CUSTOMERS TRUCK BROKERS, SHRAM LOGISTICS IS NOT PUTTING THE MONEY TO PAY FOR TRUCK, THERE RATES ARE WAY OFF, I JUST LIKE TO KNOW? IF THERE CUSTOMERS KNOW THERE LOW BALLING TRUCKERS, I WILL BE LOOKING AT THIS IN A DIFFERENT WAY, I DO BUSINESS WITH SOME OF THERE CUSTOMERS. SAD,SAD. LIKE THEY THINK SOMEONE OWLS THEM A FREE RIDE! NOT NEED TOO SAY ALL THE POST TELL IT ALL.THEY WILL NEVER LOAD ANY OF MY TRUCKS

9. Moonshadow1918

Moonshadow1918 Light Load Member

May 13, 2018
    Talk to a broker today. They mentioned a new system called Turbo where it will report driver time in out and pay detention automatic to a pay pal acct. So far its in start up mode only 10 brokerags so far qualified to use system. Also mentioned when drivers pull x amount of loads or miles a bonus would be applied to that drivers acct. Problem is brokers need to get customers on board to adjust to currents rates drivers need to pull loads and pay detention in timely matter. Broker I spoke to noted most detention he pays to drivers comes out of his commission due to customer not wanting to pay or the customer is a premium acct they don't wanna lose. This coming from Calvary logistics who's New COO was at Coyote.
    This should open competition among brokers possibly increasing rates maybe

10. DSK333

DSK333 Road Train Member

Jan 27, 2018
    Pennsyltucky
    So they're going to skip the average net 30 payment terms to pay only part of an invoice? I don't see this nonsense happening and I wouldn't want PayPal involved in my finances in way shape, or form either.

11. Moonshadow1918

Moonshadow1918 Light Load Member

May 13, 2018
    Personally I would rather them deposit into a blind acct at my bank then transfer from there. I had pay pal issues before and it shut down my checking acct until matter was resolved.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.