Side loading an excavator video. Would you do this?

Discussion in 'Heavy Haul Trucking Forum' started by Cat sdp, Jan 4, 2019.

1. johndeere4020

johndeere4020 Road Train Member

Jan 1, 2010
    Ohio
    I had to google it.

SAR, Bean Jr., cke and 3 others Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Oxbow

Oxbow Road Train Member

Nov 24, 2015
    Idaho
    Hah! I'm not alone!!!

SAR, cke, not4hire and 2 others Thank this.
  4. ZVar

ZVar Road Train Member

Sep 10, 2010
    Flint, MI
    And yet no one is helping us poor souls that also had to google it...
    Been There Done That
    :)

Bean Jr., cke, not4hire and 1 other person Thank this.
  5. Oxbow

Oxbow Road Train Member

Nov 24, 2015
    Idaho
    If you didn't have to put in the effort, you might not have retained the information.

SAR, Bean Jr., Ruthless and 3 others Thank this.
  6. ZVar

ZVar Road Train Member

Sep 10, 2010
    Flint, MI
    Oh trust me. As poor as my memory is I'll still have to look it up the next several times I run into it. :)

Bean Jr., cke, not4hire and 1 other person Thank this.
  7. Heavy Hammer

Heavy Hammer Road Train Member

May 1, 2013
    In purgatory
    Okay, so honest question.
    Delete this post if it's considered inappropriate, but a ton of respect will be lost if it is.

If you don't condone this behavior, and nobody I know, or by the sounds of it you either, why not then either ban him for unacceptable behavior, or at the very least suspend his posting of video privileges?
    This isn't the first time he's angered or peeved off somebody, and it's unacceptable in our opinions.
    What @johndeere4020 says in this quote is correct, this is video evidence of criminal activity shared on "your" site.
    I have no tolerance for this.

This man should fear for his safety.
    And let's be clear, I AM NOT THREATENING HIM!
    If this behavior continues, his luck may run out and we know what people may do to him.
    I really hope he takes these words to heart and learns from this.

SAR, beastr123, Razororange and 5 others Thank this.
  8. Bean Jr.

Bean Jr. Road Train Member

Mar 30, 2014
    I almost feel as I am to blame for this. I mentioned his name, and then he trots out one of his stupid videos that have nothing to do with it.

I'm sorry for my role in this debacle!

cke and Oxbow Thank this.
  9. REO6205

REO6205 Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

Feb 15, 2014
    California.
    First of all, I don't give a good GOD #### if you respect me or not. Secondly, my actions as a member of the staff aren't intended nor designed to please everybody. That includes you.
    Sometimes they don't please anybody but that's alright too. I follow the same guidelines as the rest of the staff and they're spelled out in the forum rules.

I'm not going to delete the post. I think it should stay because it gives a good insight into the character of the person who posted it.
    TTR is not in any way complicit in any activity posted by any of it's members. If we have no prior knowledge of an action and we don't condone it we have no complicity in it's posting. We try to remove the most egregious things and we make a diligent effort to avoid any involvment in criminal activity. TTR has no liability here, civil or criminal.

If I delete that thread I'd also have to gut most of the comments following it and that would be a loss. I consider the whole thing educational and the various member's reactions to what Scotty did are far more telling than anything I could say or do.

What Scotty did was wrong and it showed him up for exactly what he is. If there was any doubt in anybody's mind it should be clear now.

Last edited: Feb 3, 2019
    beastr123, cke, Humblepie and 2 others Thank this.
  10. REO6205

REO6205 Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

Feb 15, 2014
    California.
    You didn't do anything wrong. No harm, no foul.

beastr123, cke, Humblepie and 2 others Thank this.
  11. Oxbow

Oxbow Road Train Member

Nov 24, 2015
    Idaho
    Well Gentlemen, let's just hope he, and anybody else that happens along to read this learns from it.

As the owner of heavy equipment as well as an old truck or two, his video struck me as portraying a complete lack of consideration and respect for the property of others. In addition, filming and posting it for profit, and suggesting that messing with someone else's equipment is acceptable behavior makes it that much worse. Hopefully others that read this will understand that it is not acceptable.

SAR, beastr123, cke and 4 others Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.