Sing petition "Immediately Suspend the Electronic Logging Device (ELD) Rule"

Discussion in 'ELD Forum | Questions, Answers and Reviews' started by marat80, Nov 13, 2019.

1. Brandt

Brandt Road Train Member

Sep 17, 2012
    That's not how it worked on paper. If you said that, you got fired. They would say, if you can't do the job and deliver on time we don't need you driving our truck. The ELDs show their was not enough time from that start.

Last edited: Nov 23, 2019
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. aaronpeterbilt3787

aaronpeterbilt3787 Medium Load Member

Apr 2, 2016
    Making companies adhere to hos is a good thing. I’ll never say it isn’t. But being forced to stop for 8-10 hours 20 mins from my house? Or having my elog put me on driving cuz I moved my truck 500 feet so I can plow my driveway? That’s ludicrous.

4. O.Henry

O.Henry Road Train Member

Sep 1, 2012
    San Antonio,TX.
    Once you start your day “Bam” your on duty,and have 14 hours to do what you need to do.Whether that sitting at a dock for 14 hours,or drive.
    It takes 10 hours to reset that 14

5. stayinback

stayinback Road Train Member

Jan 24, 2014
    chicago,il
    Ok, And WHO were these 372 people in the house and 74 in the senate that "Approved" this Bill???

You got any Names? Were they Ex drivers/carriers or involved in trucking? Real trucking?

Or are these people just overpayed lobbyists that knew/know NOTHING about trucking and just "penciled" it in with the tune of some $$$ in their pocket

Please quit posting statistics unless you can give us reasons WHY they would do this...........

I know why- But lets see if you know why.

6. ZVar

ZVar Road Train Member

Sep 10, 2010
    Flint, MI
    The why doesn't matter. The end result is what matters.
    The simple fact is to repeal the ELD law (not just regulation, but regulation specified by law) will take a new law and the numbers indicate it's not either side of the isle pushing an agenda. It's both sides agreeing on the issue.
    As for names, you can look it up, and I'd post a link but you won't care so I'm not going to the effort. All votes are public record and the law you would be looking for is called MAP-21

bryan21384 Thanks this.
  7. stayinback

stayinback Road Train Member

Jan 24, 2014
    chicago,il
    Yes the "Why" matters to most of us!!!

And Yes,I'll be looking up each and every individual who voted this in...

To folk like you that just "go with it" It doesn't Matter- To the Rest of us It Matters.

So,When it does get repealed,You can Thank us and say..."Oh Wow,Look at that"

8. ZVar

ZVar Road Train Member

Sep 10, 2010
    Flint, MI
    It's cute you think a new law will be passed to repeal this. Let me guess, you believe in unicorns too? You had your chance before it was passed, and you chose not to do anything about it. Next time if you want a law to be written correctly, you might want to be active in the public response portion of the law.

There was less than 1,000 public comments for the ELD law. No one cared then so why would I think anyone would care now? Heck even the highly published rallies for black smoke matters got less than two dozen trucks each time...

9. diesel guy454

diesel guy454 Medium Load Member

Oct 18, 2011
    salina ks
    If you think it's going to be repealed you are part of the problem in this industry.

bryan21384 Thanks this.
  10. Wespipes

Wespipes Road Train Member

Jul 14, 2019
    I get so frustrated seeing these. It's not the eld you should be upset about. It's the hours of service laws. You just dont want an eld in your truck so you can run paper logs and fudge them to your benifit. Right? So less arent bad. Hos is bad

peterd Thanks this.
  11. aaronpeterbilt3787

aaronpeterbilt3787 Medium Load Member

Apr 2, 2016
    I couldn’t agree more actually. I’ve said in the past, if the government wants to limit our work ours with legislative laws, then they should also legislate hourly pay, and recognize our skills as an actual trade. Not unlike a welder, electrician etc.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.