Slat Windows and Rain

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by flatlined, Jul 19, 2019.

1. flatlined

flatlined Bobtail Member

Oct 5, 2018
    I searched and couldn’t find anything on this, but if I missed it please point me in the right direction.

Most of the trucks at my company have the side slat “prison windows” that just pop out for the sleeper. I found out the hard way that when it rains you better keep them closed.

Does anyone have any tips or tricks that allow you to sleep with those open when it’s raining and not get the inside of your truck soaked?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. open in the direction away from the rain so instead of it blowing in your pointed to where the rain is blowing away..
    other than that no. just close the things I have no logical explanation at all

Lepton1 Thanks this.
  4. starmac

starmac Road Train Member

Apr 11, 2019
    Fairbanks Ak
    Tips or tricks, I guess a guy could tarp the sleeper. lol

Lepton1 Thanks this.
  5. buddyd157

buddyd157 Road Train Member

May 25, 2017
    under a shade tree
    best advice i can give is, go to any local retailer that sells Flex Seal tape.

cut it to the length of the window at the pivot point, and apply it.

now the window can still "pop out", and the rain water will run down over the tape and onto the ground.

Lepton1 and flatlined Thank this.
  6. flatlined

flatlined Bobtail Member

Oct 5, 2018

My old truck only opened one way. And even with that, there was no angle that would save me

7. vinsanity0

vinsanity0 Light Load Member

Jun 26, 2016
    My tip is to never open those windows. Once you do, they will always leak. I just pretend they aren't there.

8. starmac

starmac Road Train Member

Apr 11, 2019
    Fairbanks Ak
    the sliding windows on my international I opened a regular basis, and never leaked.
    Now the sunroof on my W 9 which I can see exactly no reason to have, has only been opened a handful of times since 05 when I bought iit, started leaking this year.

Lepton1 Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.