Sleeper fan don't work.

Discussion in 'Volvo Forum' started by Greamreaper, Jan 10, 2019.

1. Greamreaper

Greamreaper Bobtail Member

Feb 17, 2018
    Hello
    Volvo 780 2016. Auto but no ishift and left window is maunel. I have problem with sleeper fan. It wont turn on, lights and over head light works but fan wont turn on.
    All the batteries replaced, blower motor replaced. When i forced it from the driver panel. It beeps. Then displays E01 for a while before panel shuts off.
    Espar stopped working, now the sleeper wont blow. Have idle free that heater wont work either.
    What can i do for the sleeper panel and the blower?.
    Thanks.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. nasriza

nasriza Road Train Member

Feb 1, 2013
    Chicago, IL
    so is this the blower in the idle free system or the actuall truck blower, there is fuses for those blower motors in those systems, depends what kind of system you have, so i would need a little bit more info before i can give you any kind of suggestions.

4. Greamreaper

Feb 17, 2018
    Its the sleeper blower. Not idle free. Idle free installed on top of the cabinet. The fan switch from the sleeper panel. I checked fuses. Its not the fuses...

5. nasriza

Feb 1, 2013
    Chicago, IL
    did you check the fuses at the sleeper panel and also fuse F1 to F7 in main box.

6. Greamreaper

Feb 17, 2018
    Yes. Those fuses are ok. Theres no blower fuse there. Beside the panel is off. It only comes on when i force the fan from the driver side. It just beebs then its off minute later. Usually displays the E01. I can only turn on ceiling light from driver side. I am not sure if the panel itself is the problem.

7. nasriza

Feb 1, 2013
    Chicago, IL
    This is very possible I know a lot of times the main power supply terminals behind the panel get loose causing to much current draw and causing panel to shut off also possible bad ground but not likely in newer truck just check if u have any pins in the back that looked like they are burned out.

KB3MMX Thanks this.
  8. Greamreaper

Feb 17, 2018
    I need to remove the whole wall which includes speaker, tiny pilot light etc. Several screws. I will buy screw driver set and remove it to see.

9. nasriza

Feb 1, 2013
    Chicago, IL
    you should be ableto remove the 4 screws they are t25 torx.

KB3MMX Thanks this.
  10. Greamreaper

Feb 17, 2018
    I removed the the wall. Unplugged all the connections. Nope avail. Still sane issue. Even called volvo action center. She told me empty slot for fan fuse.

11. KB3MMX

KB3MMX Road Train Member

Dec 29, 2014
    Orrstown, PA
    Try this ;

Take battery jumper cable and connect to Negative on battery, then other end to an unpainted ground bolt on firewall, start truck and test the sleeper fan

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.