Sleeping on the shoulder on exit

Discussion in 'Motor Carrier Questions - The Inside Scoop' started by Alshen1975, May 28, 2019.

1. tarmadilo

tarmadilo Road Train Member

Dec 12, 2018
    Sorry, you made a whole bunch of mistakes. I never start a trip without having a plan that includes a place to park for my 10 hour, with 2 or 3 alternatives. Twice in the last year I found myself with no place left at any of my places, and parked on a ramp (out of hours), and then ONLY on an entrance ramp, where I was much less likely to get hit (trucks go a whole lot faster on exit ramps slowing down from highway speed than they do on entrance ramps, starting from close to a complete stop). And finally, you should have insisted on being allowed to wake up completely, walking around your truck, breathing deep breaths, clearing your mind.

Tb0n3 and Savor the Flavor Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. 6wheeler

6wheeler Road Train Member

Aug 30, 2009
    Yes! If everything you say is true, please please find an attorney and sue!
    Write down everything you remember. What was the ticket written for?
    You could very well have a pot of gold waiting for you from this

buddyd157 Thanks this.
  4. TROOPER to TRUCKER

TROOPER to TRUCKER Anything Is Possible

Dec 15, 2014
    Charlotte, NC
    Why does everyone wanna blame the Trooper for doing his job? If the op wasn’t in the wrong then this never would have happened.

5. Ffx95

Ffx95 Road Train Member

May 18, 2017
    I81 Virginia.... if you wait too long when the sun sets the only option is the shoulder on the on/off ramps not too many truckstops in between especially on the mountains. Honestly I would have told him to write me a ticket and leave it on the wipers.

6. buddyd157

buddyd157 Road Train Member

May 25, 2017
    under a shade tree
    exactly...we complain that there aren't any cops around when we need them, when we see something happen.

and we complain when they do thier job and give us a ticket, or a verbal warning.

typical truckers, never satisfied....

7. mover man

mover man Road Train Member

Feb 21, 2010
    Never say never, and the best made plans, (and back up plans) sometimes go to pot. If you HAVE to, then park on entrance ramp(NOT exit ramps) I have found that when everything is taken up. And hours are down to a few minutes. If you take the next off ramp, at the bottom of the ramp. If you look left and right. You can usually site a place to park, it could be that gas station or other business or on side of road. Yes it might be a no parking zone or bus stop. Dont be surprised if you wake up with a ticket. When this happens, try not to be a jerk. Get up EARLY like 5-6am and drive even if out of hours. To the next truck stop or rest area.

Intothesunset Thanks this.
  8. Veteran driver

Veteran driver Medium Load Member

Aug 24, 2010
    De Moines. IA
    Plan your trip.

I don’t care how well you plan your trip, plans have a way of not always working out the way we plan them. That’s when you improvise.

Lite bug, Intothesunset and Harris724 Thank this.
  9. Harris724

Harris724 Bobtail Member

Apr 5, 2019
    Exactly

10. Intothesunset

Intothesunset Road Train Member

Apr 15, 2019
    truck
    Wait for ticket I agree. I don't think it is OK to tow a rig with a driver in it.
    And most states want truck, and trailer towed separately.

11. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    Israel has scratched itself out of the sand a decent living these last 73 years despite several wars designed to eliminate it. Tel Aviv was a sale from the wandering desert dwellers back in the 50's the plot sold for a small amount. Look at the city's value now. Whoo.

The USA has corroded. I lived two lives. The one before 9-11 and this one after it. Never imagine the medicines and so on that I rely on. Or try to do without. I go to the store today and some of the people are going to take America in a completely different direction when they grow up. America is nothing to them because the schools teach that somehow patriotism is a extremism.

We have ourselves to blame.

I was not going to say anything but this will be a little bit of a rant. Not against the Author for the qouted message.

Yes we are very good to Israel. But keep in mind this. They almost got wiped out, they intend to look after themselves very well thank you very much. We benefit from their cunning, their smarts and so on in medicine and other good things.

America in my home will always be America, regardless if they allow it outside in public or outlaw it later.

The trucks.

We roll the USA. Without it there is only anarchy.

HOWEVER.

The drivers. I think we lost a little something from the era of regulation into the time where hazmat and human waste pile up around truckstops and rot. While flip flops and chiraq the order of the day.

I think possibly if the Industry wants it back, they need to shape up a little bit. It's a miracle that load of food makes it anywhere today with the laws we have. It's almost a high crime to be a trucker today it seems.

No. We had a good run. I refuse to consider us finished just yet. There is something the USA can understand and that we take in peoples of the world to make something these last three hundred years in which the world has never known up to that date.

I think we have quite alot of good to offer. Just need to stop it with the wars. That is I think my biggest interest, the cold war. Today's nuclear power is quite something compared to back then. I almost prefer the megatonnage back then compared to tiny little nuclear bombs that take out just one city block and no one can know who did it.

So I had a turning years ago. Im sick of the wars. We lose our country while we try to gain the world who wants us gone. That has to change.

Ive said enough. My feelings wont be difficult if this was moderated but we do not choose what we are born into, but we do get to choose what we will do today about it. And tomorrow morning and the day after that.

Badmon and Speed_Drums Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.