SLH Transport and Quik X, have info on them?

Discussion in 'Canadian Truckers Forum' started by davidtruckervan, Feb 27, 2013.

1. goldfinger

goldfinger Bobtail Member

Feb 21, 2013
    Yeah I would have to agree, I,ve left two messages with SLH and have yet to recieve a reply. For a company so in need of o/o you would think recruiters could make an effort to contact potential drivers.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. d o g

d o g Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

Sep 20, 2010
    Texas
    Company recruiters are asked not to do any active recruiting in the discussion forums. They are welcome to recruit in the Jobs forum and they are welcome to come in and reply to general questions about their company in threads like this, but there is a limit to the amount of information that they are permitted to post in the discussion forums. Any member who wants more information from them should do like SLH Recruiter has asked and contact them through the company.

4. SLH Recruiter

SLH Recruiter Bobtail Member

Feb 28, 2013
    There are terms you agree apon when signing up for this site.

1. DON'T INSULT OTHER MEMBERS.
    You can disagree with a post without using insults. Members who are rude or create a hostile environment will receive a warning. Members who fail to heed the warning will be banned.
    2. NO ADVERTISING. Promoting your website or businesses will result in your account being banned. Sponsors are exempt from this rule.
    3. NO PROFANITY/VULGAR CONTENT. Please help promote a positive image of truck drivers. Do not curse or post vulgar content.

Please if you have any questions contact us - Email our team at slhrecruiting@slh.ca

Thank you : )

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 1, 2013
  5. bobbyt

bobbyt Medium Load Member

Jan 29, 2009
    Edmonton ab.
    By saying no advertising, using the name slh recruiter is advertising and invites people to ask questions about the company. Same as using slh employee, people will ask about the company.

Any one agree with that or is it just me?

6. bullhaulerswife

bullhaulerswife Forum Leader/Admin Staff Member Administrator

Jul 23, 2007
    Midwest
    We welcome people to come here to help resolve issues within a company. It shows that they are paying attention and willing to help their drivers. What we don't want is them actively recruiting people in the forum. Advertising is advertising. Which we don't provide for free, here. But we actively encourage driver support within the company forums. This forum serves as a voice for the drivers.

d o g Thanks this.
  7. Sarabeara

Sarabeara Medium Load Member

Nov 6, 2012
    Well, This was educational!

8. seabring

seabring Road Train Member

Apr 24, 2011
    A quick look at the website shows the base rates and some basic info. It ain't exactly as awesome as slhrecruiter makes it out to be but I will say its maybe one or two rungs up the ladder than the worst of the canadian BFI's.
    The layover pay is less than half of what I currently get and the base rate is substantially less than what I'm getting. Most of these companies won't advertise what the FSC they pay is but in my opinion FSC is there to offset the cost of fuel and not there as a way of making the base rate look better. If you're counting on the FSC to make a profit then the base rates not good enough.
    Honestly I wouldn't usually attack a poster like this but slhrecruiters posts are just too blatantly "recruiter" and don't really give any indication of what the company actually offers its drivers in terms of freight lanes, load types, typical loaded miles per month etc. too much sleaze and not enough real facts is why I'm on this like I am.

davidtruckervan Thanks this.
  9. bobbyt

bobbyt Medium Load Member

Jan 29, 2009
    Edmonton ab.
    I have never worked for, or thought about working for SLH, so I have nothing to gain by bashing them but if you look at post #3, that is what you see in every trucking magazine in North America. So yes it's advertising. And it's the same snake oil crap, trying to lure people in.

Why don't people tell it like it is and stop trying to sugar coat the crap.

kw9's rock Thanks this.
  10. FLATBED

FLATBED Road Train Member

To the original poster who started this thread

Quik X is now part of TRANSFORCE ( now see them pulling other TRANSFORCE trailers at times ) , and they were offering sign on bonus to recruit new O/O's. Likely big changes coming ( not always for the best ) if things follow what TRANSFORCE has done with other companies they bought up.

Tam_Tam and davidtruckervan Thank this.
  11. Stn4Cap

Stn4Cap Bobtail Member

May 23, 2011
    Eastern Ontario
    Totally agree. Why can't we get a fair shake instead of the snake oil salesman coming to town? I'm not afraid to work, I'm afraid of getting screwed!

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.