Smith Transport - Roaring Spring, PA

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by ScooterDawg, May 8, 2014.

1. ScooterDawg

ScooterDawg <strong>"The Blue Tick Lab"</strong>

Nov 23, 2008
    Trinity, NC
    Maybe. I had the CB off. Too much "chatter" in the truck stops

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. ScooterDawg

Nov 23, 2008
    Trinity, NC
    So yep.... as you read, my clutch went out while driving up I-81 yesterday, and I am sitting here at the Pete Shop waiting to see what the deal is. Smith has been very accommodating about everything, and had a wrecker on my bumper within an hour.

Now we'll just see what happens.

On a sidenote, I think I am in the wrong business. This wrecker came out, hooked up to me, and towed me 1 mile. The only reason I didn't drive it all the way in was there was a stop sign at the bottom of the ramp, pretty heavy truck traffic, and I didn't want to take the chance of a major traffic fiasco. If you all know of the ramp (exit 205 at White's Truck Stop), you know what I am talking about. Yeah, I could have shut the truck off, put it in first gear, and then started out, but it was a risk I didn't want to take.

Anyway.... $500.00.... 30 minutes.... 1 mile. Go figure

Last edited: Jun 9, 2014
  4. ScooterDawg

Nov 23, 2008
    Trinity, NC
    Yep, I got lucky (kinda)

The clutch problem is due to a linkage issue. So at least I don't have to have a bunch of major work done. Downside is that they didn't have the part in stock and they had to order it. SO, here I sit until tomorrow morning. Nice part is, I am getting paid breakdown pay. $96. Yeah, not what I could make in a day of driving, but at least it is something. Some companies don't even offer it. And of course, some offer more.

But hey, it's more than I had

5. popcorn169

popcorn169 Road Train Member

Sep 5, 2011
    state of confusion
    I know what you mean by the ramp. It is a winch to get across there sometimes. Hope you get out of there soon and get back to driving.

6. grabberblue12

grabberblue12 Medium Load Member

Oct 9, 2012
    between here and there
    not heard anything good about Smith, guys always complaining making 500 to 600 a week. And they where drivers who had been there awhile. Best of luck to you

7. containerguy

containerguy Bobtail Member

Nov 21, 2010
    atlanta,ga
    Trucks are initially set at 65 but they will turn up to 68..... Usually after your first service (about 3 months)..The newer trucks are already set at 68...

8. WheelmanMike

WheelmanMike Bobtail Member

Jul 10, 2013
    Well I got hired, my first week was fine. Although my AC went out and I had to get routed back to the terminal and stay overnight in the "Driver sleeping area" which wasn't all that bad. Only down side....I got put in a Cascadia. That was a bummer. But so did the other 10 people that got hired with me so I didn't feel THAT bad lol.

9. 1BadMoFo

1BadMoFo Bobtail Member

Mar 9, 2013
    Can yall tell me what kind of take home pay I can realistic ally expect if I come over

10. RoadCall

RoadCall Road Train Member

Mar 12, 2012
    So I wonder what company Scooter is at now, lol

11. Alrock

Alrock Light Load Member

May 26, 2014
    NYC
    I'm anxious to find out too :yes2557:

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.