Smoking

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by truckergirl80, Jul 7, 2020.

1. truckergirl80

truckergirl80 Light Load Member

Jul 7, 2020
    Yeah, I have no plans on going into L/O anytime soon if at all. I just don't like what Daisy said before she edited it. Seemed like she was bashing Prime kind of. I did'nt mean that Prime would be the change of my life I meant driving in general. But, Prime seems like a great place. Yes, they feed you and pay during orientation.

farmerjohn64 Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Dockbumper

Dockbumper Road Train Member

Apr 29, 2020
    There are people on this Forum that will bash anyone or any company. Ignore them. Get the most out of your training. Some trainers are good, many are not. Go with the flow and get through it. NOBODY was born to drive one of these monsters, but practically anyone can learn. It can be frustrating, exhausting, humiliating. It can also be very rewarding and give you a great sense of accomplishment. Be ready for both. After a year or two out here with a clean driving and safety record, you will have plenty of options on who you would like to work for should you decide to move on.

4. Dockbumper

Dockbumper Road Train Member

Apr 29, 2020
    Yes, and just as many that are worse. This is not a one size fits all business.

G13Tomcat, farmerjohn64 and mitrucker Thank this.
  5. truckergirl80

Jul 7, 2020
    Been waiting at my layover point for hours, about to hop on the last airplane to take me the rest of the way to Missouri! This is so exciting, I can't wait to see my parents and the rest of my family for a few days before training starts on Monday.

Lumper Humper and G13Tomcat Thank this.
  6. Tony4

Tony4 Bobtail Member

Jul 8, 2020
    Wish you and everyone to spend more time with relatives.

G13Tomcat and farmerjohn64 Thank this.
  7. MarquisK

MarquisK Bobtail Member

Mar 27, 2019
    Jacksonville, FL
    2 years ago when I got into this industry.. I was a smoker. & My first trainer... Good lord was he a smoker. Dude would smoke in his rack before he went to bed, first thing when we wakes up he lights one up... It’s was crazy. Never met somebody who smoked like him. 2 years later & I still have never smoked in the rack or sleeper period.. Maybe I’m the weird one... Who knows

8. truckergirl80

Jul 7, 2020
    Yeah i'm not planning on smoking in the rack. I'd either do it outside of the truck or when i'm up front in the passenger seat but probably only when outside but we'll see. But Never in the rack.

9. tommymonza

tommymonza Road Train Member

Sep 10, 2013
    S.W. Florida

What is the Rack?

Some type of Torture/Restraining system the Megas put you in when your not behind the wheel to prevent you from escaping before you do your 2 years of indentured slavery / training.

10. MarquisK

MarquisK Bobtail Member

Mar 27, 2019
    Jacksonville, FL
    military terminology for the bed

farmerjohn64 and tommymonza Thank this.
  11. farmerjohn64

farmerjohn64 Road Train Member

Jun 25, 2019
    Just turn to dip or chew and when everyone else goes outside to smoke, stay seated and spit in your bottle right in front of the instructors lmfao “A country boy can survive”

Sirscrapntruckalot Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.