Snow bird driver a thing?

Discussion in 'Tanker, Bulk and Dump Trucking Forum' started by bob marlin, Dec 24, 2020.

1. bob marlin

bob marlin Bobtail Member

Feb 28, 2016
    So I have had my cdl for a couple years now and have been trying a little of everything from freight flatbed local hazmat etc. I am working on the pipeline right now and looks like I might have a in with a gravel hauling outfit in the summer month's back around where I grew up so my question is this. everything hibernates in the winter up here so is their a job preferably teamsters that I can hop on say Nevada Arizona Texas Louisiana area? I don't mind running most any kind of truck just need to be able to beat feet back up north come spring time. TIA

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. mnmover

mnmover Road Train Member

Apr 5, 2009
    Lichfield MN
    Auto Transport companies run snowbird cars north in the spring and south in the fall. Putting a rookie in charge of a million dollar load of cars is not recommended. Whole different skill set.

4. Lazer

Lazer Road Train Member

Jan 22, 2017
    You and everybody else who doesn’t wanna run north of I-40 between Thanksgiving & Easter.

5. RockinChair

RockinChair Road Train Member

Feb 19, 2012
    CC, TX
    I doubt anybody's gonna hire you on a temporary basis, most companies have enough trouble keeping drivers as it is.

6. Professor No-Name

Professor No-Name Road Train Member

Nov 26, 2016
    Ya gotta learn somehow. I assume they have training somewhere to teach how to haul cars don't they? I've always wondered how to get started in that area.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.