So apperantly All owner operators are dangerous.

Discussion in 'Ask An Owner Operator' started by 379exhd, May 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 379exhd

379exhd Road Train Member

Jun 25, 2012
    rolling through hell
    I seen a few in South Carolina having seen many around here although I'm rather positive there are a few. Just depends on the place. And since lease purchase drivers are considered an o/o which I didnt think about before there's probably vmeven more. Although seems like every FedEx driver I pass can't speak a lick of English. I run an ungoverned truck myself, it moves when it has to but 70 is about the tops it'll run. Over that and fuel mileage goes down quickly. I find that funny how we all run so freaking fast but were all worried about the fuel we have to pay for.

ironpony Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. 379exhd

379exhd Road Train Member

Jun 25, 2012
    rolling through hell
    I ment nothing by the comment that he was from PA. Although I have noticed comments like this one(many of them actually) made by people from the northeast. Just saying might be a trend there. Where your from has nothing to do with how you can drive. The English is a requirement (barely). And you were born in NM on your way to CA? Driver let me pop some popcorn I wanna hear this story bout like me ALMOST being born in a factory that plate wheels and sprockets for harleys and bumpers and stacks for paccar (no I never had a chance when it came to loving chrome.)

4. freightlinerman

freightlinerman Road Train Member

Mar 4, 2011
    Florida
    Don't feed the trolls. There are bad drivers on all sides

Frenzy Thanks this.
  5. Saddletramp1200

Saddletramp1200 Road Train Member

Sep 4, 2011
    Houston Texas,USA
    I am a white male, born on the way to a new state. I could have been born in Maine. I grew up in San Diego Ca. Migrated to Texas. I say, Awesome as well as Yee Haa. Youse comes in handy on the right coast.
    Blend in where your at. You will figure it out.

6. BoyWander

BoyWander Road Train Member

Jul 22, 2011
    Michigan
    I make note of what I see on the road, and to be honest, I don't see mega-company drivers tailgate cars NEARLY as much as others.
    In fact, it makes sense, because since trucks that are governed below 70 are almost always in the right lane, you don't see many cars going below 70 on the interstate. Therefore it makes sense that they aren't tailgating, but the ones who like to drive fast are, and I can't tell which trucks are O/O trucks and which are small company trucks, you really can't tell by looking at them most of the time, but the ones who aren't governed, who are going 70-75mph through Arkansas, are the ones tailgating. If I had my way, I'd have their CDL ripped up forever right in front of their faces.

I go through a lot of small towns, and although I will go exactly the speed limit through these towns, it is almost always without fail, some other truck will go 5 over and pass me on the left. Never mind the fact that a traffic light is ahead and might be or turn red.

I can't wait for the day they govern all cars at 70 and all trucks at 65.

Like I've said before, if you're going over the speed limit, you DO NOT HAVE the right to pass. The sign "slower traffic keep right" pertains to traffic going BELOW the speed limit. So yes, if I need to pass a vehicle going slower than the speed limit, I will merge to the left, and I don't care if there is another semi truck coming up, I will cut you off, because to me, you don't exist. You're speeding and I DON'T have to accommodate you. And if you tailgate me, I will slam on the brakes. I've done it before and made some guy almost veer completely off the highway. I wished he would have gone off the highway and rolled over. That would have made my day.

Obey the dang speed limit and don't tailgate. That will be all. Thank you.

7. paul 1052

paul 1052 Heavy Load Member

Oct 9, 2010
    Sand Springs, Ok.
    The guy that wrote that letter is a totally uninformed tool, I have plenty of firsthand knowledge to discredit what he said what magazine did you find that in?

He sounds as bad as the guys that cry about people only using loose leaf logs for the sole reason to cheat on them...just b/c your company chose to use elogs isnt my problem, level playing field? Whatever this is Capitalism at its best.

I wonder if that guy has a good explanation as to why so many governed company trucks speed through small towns and lower speed construction zones but cant do the maximum speed limit in most states?

MJ1657 Thanks this.
  8. JIMROY

JIMROY Medium Load Member

Feb 15, 2013
    ESCONDIDO CALIFORNIA
    I FOR ONE WOULD LIKE TO PERSONALLY GO KICK THIS GUYS AS STRAIGHT UP BETWEEN HIS TEETH.... MUST BE A COMPANY DRIVER FOR ONE OF THE MEGA'S, OBIVOUSLY HAS NO BRAIN AT ALL ,

I understand why this article upsets you but i think his statements about O/O is as bad as yours about certain compagny drivers

IN REPLY TO THIS, I AM A COMPANY DRIVER FOR A SMALL MOM AND POP. I HAVE BEEN AN O/O THAT CERTAIN GROUP OF EITHER MAKE US ALL LOOK BAD. BUT SERIOUSLY DUDE. TAKE STOCK AND PULL YOUR HEAD OUT AND LOOK AROUND. GO TO ANY TRUCK STOP AND TAKE A LOOK AT THE COMPANY DRIVERS WE ARE REFERRING TO. NOT ALL ARE BAD , SOME OF THEM I WOULD BE PROUD TO TEAM WITH ANY DAY, SOME ARE DUMBER THAN A PILE OF DOG TURDS TOO..... MOST O/O , ACUTALLY HAVE THEIR ACTS TOGETHER ENUF TO SUCESSFULLY RUN A BUSINESS AND SUCCEED.

HALF THESE SO CALLED COMPANY DRIVERS THESE DAYS WOULD GO BANKRUPT RUNNING A BLANKETY BLANK KOOL AID STAND THAT THE AVERAGE 5 YEAR OLD WILL MAKE MONEY WITH.....

IF THE SHOE FITS WEAR IT. OTHERWISE QUIT YOUR WHINING AND DEFENDING THE IDIOTS OF THE WORLD UNLESS YOUR ONE OF THEM......... MY FAVORITE PRAYER I SAY AT LEAST 50 TIMES A DAY: LORD , PLEASE PROTECT ME FROM STUPID PEOPLE....

MJ1657 Thanks this.
  9. JIMROY

JIMROY Medium Load Member

Feb 15, 2013
    ESCONDIDO CALIFORNIA

i bet you have one of those huge cowboy belt buckles too...... Not trying to be mean here but your reply is the most moronic display of monumental stupidity i have seen here yet..... You for sure are not paying attention if your seeing only o/o's tailgating. Your gonna go cutting someone off and cause a wreck and get someone killed, cause you don't like the fact he is speeding and you don't have the ability to do it yourself. DUDE!!! GET THIS PART FAST, YOU DON'T HAVE THE RIGHT TO BE JUDGE AND JURY IN ANY CASE. TO LISTEN TO YOU YOUR DOWNRIGHT DANGEROUS,,, TAKE THIS ADVICE NOW!!!!! You need to turn in your keys and rip up your cdl and then go get some serious help , for your obviously bad case of little man syndrome, maybe buy yourself a bigger belt buckle to compensate for your short comings...... Serious man , you need help.....

10. danwantstodrive

danwantstodrive Light Load Member

Feb 3, 2011
    connecticut
    Wow you're a real professional driver... Cutting people off to try to kill them is very irresponsible. Would it make you feel better knowing you killed a mother who was trying to rush her injured child to the hospital because she was driving a little fast... Or a husband driving fast to get his pregnant wife who's in labor to the hospital. Think before you do something stupid. You want to drive speed limit that's fine. What's it matter to you that people drive 5-10 mph over the speed limit. You're ranting about how people drive recklessly but you yourself drive reckless as well.

osokusmc, RVTransporter and Drifter42 Thank this.
  11. Drifter42

Drifter42 Hopper Heartache

Dec 4, 2011
    Seymour IN
    That moronic statement is right up there with the ones that ask about can I pass a drug test after smoking weed yesterday. Sounds like you have a deathwish driving like that! You are going to kill yourself or someone else or both. A true professional you are!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Last edited: May 2, 2013
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

• Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.