So far so good. K&B

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by Paul Bunyan, Jan 12, 2017.

1. Paul Bunyan

Paul Bunyan Light Load Member

Sep 2, 2016
    I've been at k&b for almost 3 months now. So far it's been pretty good. Still haven't experienced any interupted breaks. Miles have been good 2700-3000 a week. Maintenance is good, alot better than other company's I've been to. Pay is great, there on point with everything from lumpers to holiday pay, always on time and in full. Great dispatcher and loads are planned very well. Never have to look for a trailer. Can't really say anything bad, they always get me home on time most of the time a day early, which I stay out for prolonged periods. Just an all around good company. (Notice) I do not gross 2300 a week, pay is done by miles driven from Monday at noon to Monday at noon whether trippak is turned in or not. The highest pay here is .50cpm starting out is .45 and every year after is a cent raise till you hit max which is .50 cpm. Governed at 65 mph and torque is a little weak when going up hills. Here is some math at 65 mph for 11 hrs means you cannot go below 65mph all day would be 715 miles for the day. Times that by 7 which gives you 5005 miles for the week and times that by the max pay .50 cpm is 2502.5 that would be gross. So it's impossible to do. So don't expect to gross 2300 bucks expect between 1125 to 1400 bucks gross. Just something I had to put in here so no one comes here and expects it so don't believe anyone who says otherwise, unless you can prove Einstein wrong in his mathematical equations and everything everyone is taught in school.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. carramrod32

carramrod32 Heavy Load Member

Sep 7, 2008
    Midwest
    But your math is different than his, someday it will make sense. 2+2is sometimes 5. Chinese algebra somehow. With the right or rather perfect running in one week you could probably due that magical 2300 but not every week without a reset. He will show you in person at least, I assume you haven't actually met in person? Good review I must say.

Paul Bunyan Thanks this.
  4. Paul Bunyan

Sep 2, 2016
    It must be Chinese algebra, cause 4th graders would even know his math don't add up lol never met him in person but if I ever get the chance I'll take him up on his offer cause I really want to see how it adds up and makes sense

5. carramrod32

Sep 7, 2008
    Midwest
    Hey @Paul Bunyan how much night driving do you do at KB?

Ooops Thanks this.
  6. dngrous_dime

dngrous_dime Road Train Member

Jan 28, 2014
    Lansing area, MI
    So you're on the 77 hour clock?? :p
    Saves lots of time by never fueling, pretripping, etc....

7. Paul Bunyan

Sep 2, 2016
    I'd have to say 90-95% hardly ever do you day drive but I like night time so it's not so bad

8. Paul Bunyan

Sep 2, 2016
    That's what I'm saying it's impossible and for someone to say oh it will add up one day makes me think there a pathological lier

9. DarkhorseEnterprises

DarkhorseEnterprises Light Load Member

Jan 5, 2017

Just wait LOL, it'll get worse. Tho if you actually LIKE night driving, it might take a minute or three.
    And if you don't mind being micromanaged. Or being talked to like a 4 year old despite being physically in control of hundreds of thousands of dollars worth of property (truck, trailer and load). You know, somewhere in the neighborhood of slavery at worst and indentured servant at best LOL
    Guess they're ok for a starter company. Or for anyone who needs their hand held and someone to think for them.

10. Paul Bunyan

Sep 2, 2016
    I've been driving 2 yrs and I've loved night driving since I started. They don't micromanage me at all, or get talked down to. I've witnessed the ones who get there hand held and there lazy and wait till last minute to get there to delivery. They send me the load assignment and the customer directions and that's it. They know I'll get there early and they can trust me not to do anything stupid. First impressions are key.

tscottme, Vic Firth, Lonesome and 4 others Thank this.
  11. carramrod32

Sep 7, 2008
    Midwest
    Kinda reminds me of when I drove for Jim Palmer back in 2002-2003, I ran into another company driver. Turns out we had the same dispatcher, he sure complained a lot. I had enough of his mouth after 15 minutes. Spot on with first impressions, they go along way. Who do u think got better miles, etc?

radioshark and Paul Bunyan Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.