So frustrated...PLZ HELP! Fired for using GPS

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by Lhallowell, Feb 6, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BossOutlaw88

BossOutlaw88 Road Train Member

Oct 30, 2011
    Cali
    Get lost often, and wasted time on nasty payphones. The CB was popular back then because a driver really needed it. It used to be a necessity, but now it's only an accessory.

Draped up and drifted out. Know what I'm talking about? Three in the morning, just stashed up my stash spot.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. truckon

truckon Swamp Thing

Dec 16, 2011
    Like I'd tell you!
    I use my CB all the time, most newbies don't have/ know how to use a CB and make things much harder on themselves.

4. Noggin

Noggin Road Train Member

Apr 10, 2011
    Houston, TX
    Heavy tarp only has to be lifted to your waist. Light tarp over head medium to shoulder.

5. pigsooie

pigsooie Medium Load Member

Jan 25, 2013
    Question about Your termination with Pam Transport: Was you still in their training period as a team driver.

6. HwyPrsnr

HwyPrsnr Medium Load Member

Apr 22, 2012
    Anywhere, USA
    LOL...U really are clueless. 25 years and still havent gotten lost nor turned down the wrong road. It takes paying attention and learning how to think for yourself like ALL drivers used to. I can still even turn as many miles as those with a GPS and get there just as efficient. Waste of money.

HotH2o, CG1 and Ghost Ryder Thank this.
  7. Florida Playboy

Florida Playboy Road Train Member

Dec 19, 2012
    Florida
    You never turned down a wrong road in 25 years? Sorry bud but I am calling super trucker BS.

biggare1980, NewNashGuy and al_huryn Thank this.
  8. Noggin

Noggin Road Train Member

Apr 10, 2011
    Houston, TX
    I have made a wrong turn ;)

wrong.jpg

9. Florida Playboy

Florida Playboy Road Train Member

Dec 19, 2012
    Florida
    I would be having a panic attack at that moment. My GPS wanted to route me through a cemetery the other day. LOL

10. Noggin

Noggin Road Train Member

Apr 10, 2011
    Houston, TX

lol I was actually kidding tho, I was delivering a load of hay, and I was driving on a man's ranch at this point. I do know some people that have almost driven into lakes and such because they followed GPS. I have a GPS. I use my GPS all the time. But I do not follow it turn by turn. I mainly use it as a tool to see how far I have between where I am and my destination. Other than that, I don't get off the interstate without looking at Google Maps to see if the way it's routing me is a good one.

11. NewNashGuy

NewNashGuy Road Train Member

Jul 27, 2011
    US and Canada
    I went down a road like that was partially paved and got stuck in the mud. The dead end sign was knocked down and it was pitch black dark and road looked like it lead to interstate. Only paid $300 to get pulled out by tow truck. The funny thing was that you could see tire tracks of where other truckers made the same mistake. Wasn't even considered a big deal to company.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

• Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.