So I noticed......... But.....

Discussion in 'Experienced Truckers' Advice' started by GoneButNotForgotten, Dec 15, 2010.

1. SweetSouthernRide

SweetSouthernRide Medium Load Member

Apr 27, 2009
    Northeast Alabama
    lol... you say something about pics and Gears shows up!

Buckeye 'bedder and Gears Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Texas-Nana

Texas-Nana Princess Drives-a-Lot

Apr 23, 2008
    Nana's empty nest
    They're all pervs sweet, every one of 'em

4. CondoCruiser

CondoCruiser The Legend

Apr 18, 2010
    Tennessee
    What did I miss? Hot stuff here!

[​IMG]

5. SweetSouthernRide

SweetSouthernRide Medium Load Member

Apr 27, 2009
    Northeast Alabama
    You missed another demonstration from the high-jacker of the year.

6. Injun

Injun Road Train Member

May 15, 2010
    West o' the Big Crick
    Well, since I seem to be one of the charter members, I'll put a vote in for ya...but you gotta be nice to me at the clubhouse.

Lilbit and Texas-Nana Thank this.
  7. Texas-Nana

Texas-Nana Princess Drives-a-Lot

Apr 23, 2008
    Nana's empty nest
    :biggrin_2559::biggrin_2559::biggrin_2559:

8. Gears

Gears Trucker Forum STAFF - Gone, But Not Forgotten.

Aug 20, 2009
    Some people know me too well:biggrin_2559:

SweetSouthernRide and Texas-Nana Thank this.
  9. GoneButNotForgotten

GoneButNotForgotten Heavy Load Member

Dec 30, 2009
    Roxboro, N.C.
    First of all, I would like to apologize to anyone that thought my original post was nothing but a bash to aspiring drivers that were challenged in their writing skills. It was never my intent. I started this thread after the end of a 12 hour shift, and what I was thinking and what I was writing did not exactly match up. What appears to be the major problem was that I FAILED with my writing skills to convey exactly what I was thinking. What I was trying to impart was, from what I have seen, is that those that have very, very, poor writing skills, are more than likely going to have a hard time in getting their CDL and being a successful driver. It seems obvious to me that someone that has a very poor education in their background is going struggle quite a bit in any profession, not just driving.
    Too many times I have seen a thread started by a newbee on this forum and I can not even understand what they are asking. Yes, I have children and am used to abbreviations and shortcuts that the younger generation does while communicating. What I feel sad for is too many of those threads die very quickly with with a search the forums suggestion and good luck to you. Has anyone else noticed that aspiring drivers that come on this forum that can ask understandable questions seem to succeed in their quest to be a driver? Am I wrong?
    Let me give you a short background for what led me to start this thread. I was one of those people that attended one of those 3 week puppy mills for a major carrier. My class started out with 42 people, and 22 completed the course. The 20 that became MIA were for the usual reasons, drug testing, backgrounds, DMV history, etc. But quite a few were dismissed because they could not pass what I would rate as 8th-9th grade testing. One poor fellow I am sure could not read at all. I felt very sorry for all of them because I felt that they had most likely been misled by the recruiters.
    The original intent of this thread was looking for positive suggestions on how to tactfully advise a new poster that they might seek more general education (like tech schools, community college, etc.) when you can in no way shape or form understand their postings. Not a bash, just trying to direct them toward a route which will hopefully give them a better chance of success in their dreams. I am not suggesting that they acquire a college degree or a masters. It is along the same problem that I have with a lot of illegals. They have no grasp of the language, thus their confusion can put themselves and others in danger.
    To recap, my thread was started not as a negative. I was hoping to be able to come up with a way to tell a new poster that they might want to enhance their basic education when it appears (and yes, their post is all that we have to judge by) that they are almost illiterate.
    I am sure that some of you can nitpick this post and come down on me again with both feet because I have once again failed to communicate. So be it. To those that finally understand what I am saying, any sugesstion is appreciated. And by the way, I did really enjoy those that posted the humor and even those that performed a great hijack.

Strider, Ducks and ac120 Thank this.
  10. glider7

glider7 Light Load Member

GBNF,,,,,
    Maybe you should have been a teacher, instead of a truck driver?

GoneButNotForgotten Thanks this.
  11. CondoCruiser

CondoCruiser The Legend

Apr 18, 2010
    Tennessee
    42 is a big class. I think we had about 12-14 in school. I had 8 last orientation and me an one other guy made it. He lasted about 6 months. The fields do get narrowed way down. More fail than succeed.

GoneButNotForgotten Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.