So I parked at the far quiet end of the truckstop.....

Discussion in 'Experienced Truckers' Advice' started by paul 1052, Jun 30, 2012.

1. 48Packard

48Packard Ol' Two-stop Shag!

Apr 19, 2009
    Could be anywhere
    Same here. I actually welcome the newer reefers....they're quite soothing, actually. And the way today is going, I may just hunt one down tonight!!

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. skellr

skellr Road Train Member

Jul 17, 2011
    The Village, Portmeirion
    The other night I heard a loud pop followed by a hiss about five spots down. There was a truck backing in and I thought they probably lost a bead. It wasn't long until I head it again. Ok... Someone is having a really bad day.

Turns out it was an air dryer. :-|

aiwiron Thanks this.
  4. aiwiron

aiwiron Road Train Member

Aug 24, 2011
    Sunny Tampa Florida
    Same truck I was parked beside, 3 nights in a row. Cross country, funny thing was it was a different rig every night.

skellr Thanks this.
  5. Bumpnrun

Bumpnrun Light Load Member

Jul 29, 2010
    Petoskey, Mi
    I park in my spot as far back as possible. That way I don't have to watch the guy on my left picking his nose or the gal on my right pluck chin hairs. My eyeballs have yet to recover from the 300lb hairy beast without a stitch of clothing on. "Tucking" also ensures that the inevitable reefer isn't able to line up a running unit with my sleeper.

6. Infosaur

Infosaur Road Train Member

It would be nice if trucks would park in groups. Oversize in one area, refers in another, tanks and vans could co-habitate.

Frankly I'd settle for 6 wheelers, hotshots, and bobtails not taking up an entire rig parking spot!

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.