So it's the Shippers pushing for Elog??

Discussion in 'Experienced Truckers' Advice' started by OLDSKOOLERnWV, Feb 8, 2017.

1. Ezrider_48501

Ezrider_48501 Road Train Member

Apr 2, 2011
    bismarck, nd
    the part about the shippers calling saying they wont load trucks without eld is just a cop out, there saying we wont allow any exemptions while trying not to sound like "the bad guy"

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Sublime

Sublime Road Train Member

Jan 18, 2013
    Twin Cities, MN
    Mine needs paint too but I'm waiting to save up enough "disposable" savings to where I can do it without taking a loan or face additional hardship. It runs and drives fantastic though. :)

Hurst, Loose Leaf and Oxbow Thank this.
  4. Zeviander

Zeviander Road Train Member

Jan 23, 2015
    Winnipeg, MB, CA
    Cowboys aren't in demand anymore. Shippers would rather the load move from California to the Bronx legally than face any issues with the driver doing the trip in two and a half days.

5. rank

rank Road Train Member

Feb 11, 2010
    50 miles north of Rochester, NY
    My take on it is that Cardinal likes the elog idea because they don't want to review paper logs for compliance. And since the truck owner is paying the elog bill, why not make them install one?

6. Brandonpdx

Brandonpdx Road Train Member

Dec 27, 2007
    Elkhart, IN
    Follow the money, yes. It makes sense.

7. Brandonpdx

Brandonpdx Road Train Member

Dec 27, 2007
    Elkhart, IN
    Whenever there are rules to follow there will always be incentives to cheat in the name of productivity and profit. The company's know who they can "count on" to break the rules to make everybody happy and who the jerks like me are who make the phone calls that piss everybody off when they try to ram something unrealistic up my ### that would basically force me into non-compliance.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.