So my boss gave me an ultimatum

Discussion in 'Canadian Truckers Forum' started by TruckDriver01234, Jan 7, 2022.

1. Sirscrapntruckalot

Sirscrapntruckalot Road Train Member

HAHA!

I'm stealing that one. Just so ya know.

Sirscrapntruckalot - Still laughing.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Gearjammin' Penguin

Gearjammin' Penguin "Ride Fast-Truck Safe"

Feb 18, 2007
    Central AZ
    You always have a choice. A bunch of British colonies had "no choice" but to accept the rulings of the Crown. We replied "Get Bent" and shot the British enforcers, and thus, the USA was born.

Governments derive their power from the consent of the governed. But given the current state of affairs in Australia, it's clear you don't understand that. :(

clausland, JonJon78, JoeyJunk and 7 others Thank this.
  4. Pamela1990

Pamela1990 Road Train Member

Nov 7, 2021
    B.C. Canada
    Civil wars, heroes like Robin Hood, and many more examples, are the result of pushing otherwise nice people, too far. What idiots like trudumb, and bidet don't seem to understand, is that they are hated deeply by the masses, and they will lose a civil war, and lose badly. There little group of body guards, and military, cannot take on even 10% of the population. I've seen pics of trudumbs security staff, they couldn't fight of a class of grade 8 kids.
    It could get messy, very messy. Neither one of those idiots will still be standing when its over.

clausland, JonJon78, bzinger and 10 others Thank this.
  5. Troy_

Troy_ Road Train Member

Dec 13, 2017
    Roma, Alberta.
    Hey now, don't hate on the bidet...they are awesome. Biden could only wish he was that useful.

6. Gearjammin' Penguin

Gearjammin' Penguin "Ride Fast-Truck Safe"

Feb 18, 2007
    Central AZ
    :laughing-guffaw::laughing-guffaw::laughing-guffaw::laughing-guffaw::laughing-guffaw:

7. gekko1323

gekko1323 Road Train Member

Jul 14, 2018
    Henderson, NV
    I agree that to effectuate change, violence is usually the catalyst. When you threaten someone's life, their livelihood, or their loved ones, THAT is when they see the light. The problem though, is that today's world is much different than the world of the American Revolution. Back then, you could carry out an objective simply through guerrilla tactics. Decentralized conflicts were the norm since the beginning of time. Hell, you didn't even have to be organized under one huge umbrella. Today's world is different. The military has such an advantage in firepower, technology and surveillance, that any attempts at revolt will be quashed almost immediately. Sure, you can have little conflicts here and there, but they will achieve nothing in the end, in a "big picture" sort of sense. And it would be hard to organize and centralize because to do that, you have to conspire. And that is where the surveillance advantage comes in.

Today's politicians don't give a crap. It is all lip service, but in the end, the more things change, the more they stay the same. They blatantly break the law, and attorney generals ignore the transgressions. Because they are all on the take. Look at Pelosi and the others with their insider trading moves. They are privy to inside information because they dictate the policies to begin with. If any of us were to do that, we would be in jail. Remember Martha Stewart? The bureaucracy is set up in such a way that it is futile to attempt to fight it. The common person is too caught up trying to make ends meet that they have no time nor desire to fight.

I can see a situation where a few "lone wolves" get fed up and start to take matters into their own hands. I can see where certain individuals are targeted and taken down, one by one. Maybe THEN things will start to change. When the likes of Pelosi, Bezos, Zuckerberg, Gates, et al, see that they are REALLY going to get hurt. But even then, how long before this Lone Wolf gets taken down and things go back to normal? The days of storming the Bastille are long gone.

8. AModelCat

AModelCat Road Train Member

Jul 7, 2015
    Canuckistan
    "If you beat a dog for all his life, you better pray he doesn't survive."

Last edited: Jan 8, 2022
    Opus, 91B20H8, gekko1323 and 7 others Thank this.
  9. TruckDriver01234

TruckDriver01234 Light Load Member

Oct 9, 2019
    In order for a mandate to be binding, both parties must be in agreement to what is being mandated, that is what distinguishes it from being a law.

By definition: From the very term of the definition, three things are necessary to create a mandate. First, that there should exist something which should be the matter of the contract; secondly, that it should be done gratuitously; and thirdly, that the parties. should voluntarily intend to enter into the contract.
    Legal Definition of Mandate: Everything You Need to Know

gekko1323, JoeyJunk and xlsdraw Thank this.
  10. jason6541

jason6541 Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2012
    Omaha, NE
    Unfortunately when it comes down to it many will capitulate.

11. jason6541

jason6541 Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2012
    Omaha, NE
    I know several people fully vaxxed and we’re hospitalized with complications a few short hours and days later. Yeah they can shove the great social experiment

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.