so screwed

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by a30dan1, May 5, 2015.

1. Shaggy

Shaggy Road Train Member

Sep 21, 2006
    FIGMO
    If this was not a trucking forum. User name would be 100x funnier. :biggrin_2559:

Well said Stone Express.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Opus

Opus Road Train Member

Dec 18, 2011
    South GA
    Probably not super great advice to someone who wants to be a truck driver.........:sign5:

Shaggy Thanks this.
  4. PackRatTDI

PackRatTDI Licensed to Ill

Jul 15, 2006
    El Chuco, Tejas
    Are you saying I don't have any self respect?

*pulls shirt up in Arby's to scratch belly*

*BUUUUURP*

joseph1135 Thanks this.
  5. dogtrucker

dogtrucker Road Train Member

Sep 10, 2012
    my truck
    Not true. This type of test result is not allowed to be reported. I explained and put a link to a detailed source on the previous page.

6. icsheeple

icsheeple Trailing the Herd

Nov 1, 2013
    Kansas City, KS
    False positives are a very real occurrence. I'd immediately submit a test to a different lab. I'd also contact an attorney and take every step possible to get in front of it. I worry about a false positive every time I'm required to submit for testing.

There are plenty of liars out there that claim zero exposure, and fail tests. Unfortunately that just hurts those that are true false positives and real victims of shoddy lab work and unclear chains of custody on samples.

If you don't know about false positives, then your just as diluted as most in this industry. And if you trust some stoned lab technician with your lively hood then I'm seriously concerned. I'm continuously amazed at how completely idiotic people can be.

If I was in charge of recruiting and I had a positive drug screen come back for a potential driver I'd immediately ask if they want to appeal and submit a new test to a completely different lab, and have the original sample retested. I'd then, to alleviate all doubt from those more litigious members of our society, require the applicant to submit to very frequent random urine analysis to cover all bases. This way, a false positive only cost the applicant some extra urine, and not a lifelong stain on his record, from a simple lab screw up. The technology isn't perfect. There are tons of chemicals and legal over the counters that can show a false positive on a drug test.

My question for the OP is what was said when the MRO first contacted you. The MRO would have made contact before submitting to Schneider. Unless you contractually waived your rights to a medical review officer.

Again, I'd immediately get one or better yet two different hair tests at different labs. Sooner the better. Then follow any appeal process. Lawyer up and plan on suing if you want to go the distance.

7. G.Anthony

G.Anthony Road Train Member

Dec 10, 2014
    Even IF he were to go thru the rigor-morole of paying for testing, and getting a lawyer, I do not believe that Schneider would even re-consider him. It may get the report of a positive test result taken off of his DAC report, but that too takes time. And with DAC's parent company going thru a bankruptcy, what is to say anything for ANYONE would be cleared up?

The second sample that the lab has, as we all know, is from the original collection. How can it not be the same result?

To me, he is toasted.

He can try and try and pay and pay, to clear his name, maybe that'll get him some satisfaction with another job search, but that's about all it'll do. Do we know for a fact he is telling the truth, when we have all seen this very same situation here on these boards before?

He claims to be 55 years old, and hadn't used the stuff since, when the late 70's? I just do not believe that. My opinion is that he takes a bit'o'the weed every once in a while.

He got caught, and wants absolution of his sin(s), which I nary give freely.

I wish him well, in another search for a driving job, but I suspect, he will be back again, either under the current name, or another and cry us a river of crocodile tears all over again.

Nearly everyone wants to "do what they want to do", on thier time off, or before going to trucking school, and NEVER think about the consequences of their actions, nor owe up to it, but always seemingly find a way to deny it or accept no responsibility whatsoever.

Well tough noogies, why is it that so many can follow the rules on a daily basis, and get by with out any problems, but others have a mindset that the world is thiers and no matter what they do, it is ok????

8. a30dan1

a30dan1 Bobtail Member

Jan 16, 2015
    I understand that I am toast as far as schneider and I completely understand how u feel that this is another bs doper story. Until yesterday I would have been right there with u. It always happens to someone else until it happens to you. I am going to fight this not because I am trying to pull one over on anyone but because I have always tried to set a good example and have Never been in any trouble. This is just the right thing to do

9. SHOJim

SHOJim Road Train Member

Apr 19, 2011
    Columbus, Ohio
    Schneider should have a sign at their terminal like TMC does at their's that says:
    "Keep off the grass"

tucker and Shaggy Thank this.
  10. G.Anthony

G.Anthony Road Train Member

Dec 10, 2014
    Problem here is however, that I feel no one will believe you if you do "win" your case. For me in particular, I'd have to see it in the newspaper or a news source web site, and even any of trucking magazines, and God only knows, by the time any of that get's in print, we would have forgotten all about you. I'd nary take your word for it on an internet message board(s).

For instance, say you have that second bottled tested, and you fail, can we believe you if you say you passed? I just know I cannot.

It is not necessarily someone trying to pull one over on me (or us). We have seen this so-called second hand smoke issue way too many times. It just doesn't happen. I would "have to surmise", you took a shower before you went for the drug testing. In fact, I would surmise you took a shower before you left your house, to even get to orientation.

(Now IF the possibility does come to fruition, that you ate some weed laced foods, you are still toasted, as you had that in your system.)

Surely any "remnants" of the smoke would have washed out of you?

So as some have said, you would have had to smoked the weed.

Certainly you can spend your money and time to clear yourself, or are you just saying you will, to try and get us "on your side" for a plausible/possible explanation?

Do not forget, I do believe that a positive test result get's reported to the DOT per rules. Now, whether or not hair follicle testing falls under those rules, I do not know, all I know is you tested positive, and to me, that's enough right there for a report to the DOT.

Good luck, you need it. But I seriously doubt any "clearing" you get will come through for you, let alone you being honest about that as well.

11. bigrig0814

bigrig0814 Bobtail Member

May 5, 2015
    Yea I filled out an appt w/Schneider so they have ALL my info. I'm ok with the fact of never being able to work for THEM, I just want to work. I start orientation at Swift in a few weeks. Hoping it's not a hair follicle test.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.