So what did you do before getting into trucking?

Discussion in 'Questions To Truckers From The General Public' started by tommymonza, Jan 5, 2015.

1. Ruthless

Ruthless Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2010
    The City.
    Retail. Criminal. Building materials.

SheepDog Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. SheepDog

SheepDog Road Train Member

Nov 30, 2008
    Sand Lake, MI
    paperboy, landscaping, farm hand, butcher's apprentice, factory laborer, Field Service Tech for 14 years and than.............My calling...lol I love being a Truck Driver, I really do. Surprised? Yeah, me too... I was in the TN Army National Guard for 8 years as well. My memories from the Guard, and trucking will keep me through my old age, when I finally get there, if I get there.

4. cnsper

cnsper Road Train Member

Feb 28, 2014
    Business phone system installation for 20+ years from 10 to 10k lines. I installed the stuff that you call into and makes you speak or press buttons.... LOL

SheepDog Thanks this.
  5. Stormdriven

Stormdriven Medium Load Member

Mar 11, 2014
    south, central, US.
    I was an Electronics Technician.

B4 that. I was an Electrician.

B4 that I worked on a Dairy Farm.

SheepDog Thanks this.
  6. rickybobby

rickybobby Road Train Member

Jul 10, 2010
    greensboro, nc
    Every since I got out of HS

1. Went into the USMC
    2. Worked in a factory killing hogs
    3. Worked in textile
    4. Worked as a machinist
    5. Sold cars
    6. Re enlisted in NCARNG
    7. Now i'm leased on with Schneider National

SheepDog Thanks this.
  7. SheepDog

Nov 30, 2008
    Sand Lake, MI
    I guess I should have put "criminal" on mine too but, I never got caught so, it don't count right?

BuckeyeKev and wore out Thank this.
  8. Marusol

Marusol Bobtail Member

Jun 30, 2014
    Prior to driving a truck, I worked in a maximum security prison. I have my reasons for leaving that industry and rather not discuss them to the general public. However, if you are curious, just shoot me a PM. It may take some time for me to answer as I don't get online much but I will.

9. Ruthless

Ruthless Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2010
    The City.
    If you were making a career out of it, it counts. Spent 3 years of my life paying for that career, wouldn't recommend it as a great choice.

SheepDog Thanks this.
  10. SheepDog

Nov 30, 2008
    Sand Lake, MI
    Criminal is a "broad" word, and I was a kid with sticky fingers. Learned real quick that I wasn't good at it so, I just joke about the petty stuff I did. I got caught just about everytime I attempted to steal something. Also, I am not meant for jail/prison, what soever... I did two stays in a local jail, both times for getting drunk and being stupid, I really regret the 2nd time, but the 1st time was in TX and I got railroaded! I was passed out on a couch and johnny law woke me up and took me to jail, for 'drunk and disorderly".

11. G.Anthony

G.Anthony Road Train Member

Dec 10, 2014
    Male stripper, but I had problems with my tear away pants, so needless to say, I failed at it, and moved onto dog walking. But one dog's leash was too long and he ran into the street and got run over, so I failed at that.

Then I was a photographer, but when I took pictures of old people sitting on park benches, my flash went off accidentally, and an old lady had a heart attack, so I failed at that, and moved onto a 7-11 store clerk.

But a gunman came in to rob us, and he slipped and fell on some slush that I hadn't cleaned up from a previous customer, so I got fired for that, so I failed there.

Then I went to trucking school, got great grades, got a good job, did very, very well, for the past 26 years now.

I failed here too, as I am still doing it. :biggrin_25522:

wore out and SheepDog Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.