So, What does Swift Really Pay New Drivers?

Discussion in 'Swift' started by Jfain706, Aug 8, 2017.

1. Jfain706

Jfain706 Bobtail Member

Feb 3, 2017
    Rome,GA
    Thanks man. I surely will keep you posted

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Eska

Eska Light Load Member

Dec 21, 2015
    Why are you aiming 800, you could do better. Look into the small companies around chicago. My friend got hired straight out of school. Averaging 1200. He got his 1 year experience with them and got a local job. Dont be a slave to the mega carriers.

4. SidewaysBentHalo

SidewaysBentHalo Medium Load Member

Jun 19, 2016
    He wasnt turning the corner. He was backing out. I was at the J parking for the evening when swift driver on bottom nosed into an angled parking spot. Fast forward a half hour or longer swift driver 2 pulls up. Gets out talks to driver one. I thought they were being nice to save a spot for parking so driver 2 rolls up onto driver 1. They secure top and roll out together. was just funny/odd to me.

5. A21CAV

A21CAV Road Train Member

Oct 4, 2011
    Laredo, TX
    They deliver Chrysler vans out of Laredo, TX to the same area then stack trucks to team back to Laredo. Efficient use of specialized trailers since there's probably not much in the way of backhaul freight for car transporters.

Frank

FerrissWheel Thanks this.
  6. tazman74

tazman74 Light Load Member

Feb 27, 2013
    Albert Lea, Mn
    If you ever decide to lease go to places like loan mountain or buy out rite do not lease from the place that pays you. I.e. Swift

7. LtlAnonymous

LtlAnonymous Road Train Member

Dec 23, 2016
    A quarter a mile to start.

A quarter.

That's just unbelievable.

8. motocross25

motocross25 Road Train Member

Sep 23, 2010
    Overland Park, KS
    These two sentences right here, put you leagues above a lot of new drivers. You sound like a VERY down to earth new driver and with your attitude I think you'll do well. I forget who said it, but when I first started I did exactly what he warned about. I'd run my dinky wang into the dirt driving 10 hours and 55 minutes and "look at me look how good I did." Yep I did great. No place to park at midnight, my eyes bleeding, and I just missed my 7 am appointment cuz I can't move til at least 8. Very good information on here and very good posts and replies by you. Good luck dude I'm interested in hearing about your first year. There's good men and women on this forum that'll help and have experienced advice. All of them that commented on this thread are them and there's a ton more. I've been driving since I was 18 so it's been 13 years and I learn stuff on here, and on the road everyday. Keep us posted.

FerrissWheel Thanks this.
  9. FerrissWheel

FerrissWheel Road Train Member

Dec 23, 2015
    NV
    Stack team. Vans to Canada. Put the car hauler on the conventional and head back to Laredo. I hear it's good money but I don't team.

10. FerrissWheel

FerrissWheel Road Train Member

Dec 23, 2015
    NV
    Current flatbed pay. I don't know what the other divisions are up too right now.

Start for flatbed is .37cpm. quarterly raises the first year to .43cpm.

Then .01cpm raise each year. This currently caps at 15 years and .52CPM.

Tarp pay was raised 2 months ago, it's now 45$ (side kit installation too.). Stop pay is crap, 15$. Unloading and loading vans are 25$ a van.

Breakdown is 500miles pay. (If your down for 24hrs.) (I hear this depends on fleet/DM but idk, it's what I've got on more than one occasion now.)

If you get a 4 chassis load, you get chain pay but I don't know what it is off top of my head.

The standard Swift driver bonuses apply. I forget those but Im platinum and getting .05cpm quarterly.

Detention 20$hr after 2hrs. Layover I still haven't figured out, sometimes I get 100$, sometimes 50$. (I don't layover often enough.)

This is all strictly Flatbed.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.