So what exactly is a cte?

Discussion in 'Schneider' started by Vilhiem, Jun 24, 2015.

1. mickeyrat

mickeyrat Road Train Member

Nov 24, 2011
    on my 30 min break
    And thats it, you the driver can only reasonably be responsible for what is under your control.

So communication is imperative on anything load related. I would do both a phone call to support (dedicated knows what they are doing) and backed up with a Qcomm message.

91B20H8 and Vilhiem Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Oldman49

Oldman49 Medium Load Member

Jul 20, 2014
    Here is the thing,,,,the minute you know you can't deliver on time,send a message. If the window is short,traffic,weather, mechanical let em know with an eta update,,,not a I think I can,,but a real time estimate.

Also,,given your propensity for over sleeping, if you feel tired build that into your eta also.
    It's better to turn down the load than put planners under the gun when you wake up. Plan your work,,,work your plan...

Vilhiem Thanks this.
  4. Vilhiem

Vilhiem Road Train Member

Oct 6, 2014
    Except I can, to a degree, link the oversleeping to not getting a full 10.

That means I need to turn down loads which I know in advance will require me to be off duty in order to make the next.

It amounts to the notion that I need to know when to say no to a load before it's even on me. Sometimes that can be difficult to do given that when we receive a load we may not have time to stop and ensure that time is right.

Shhh...don't tell Sni but we often times get our next load over the phone from our dbl on the way back from the current one. If you're new or have a poor ability to do mental math or are tired...a mathematical error can let you think you've got enough time when you really don't.

Thanks for the help, all of you.

Last edited: Jun 26, 2015
  5. TennMan

TennMan Road Train Member

Sep 21, 2011
    Hazzard County Jail !!!!!
    How do you not get a full 10 were on electronic logs?

Vilhiem Thanks this.
  6. Vilhiem

Oct 6, 2014
    Think about that, just for a second...

Elogs, while harder to cheat, are a great deal like paper logs. It's not automated completely and requires human input.

The cheating happens when you drop or pickup a trailer off duty or similar actions which we all know should be logged as on duty.

Going to assume you already knew that though and what you want to hear is my next statement...

Doing something like that is the choice of the driver. Ie, my fault.

In order to make some loads work in the past, I have "had" to drop, hook or other tasks logged as off duty. Point in trying to make is that, in hindsight, I should have refused these loads.

So, on paper, my 10 happened. But if I dot officer were to have followed me around that day, I'd be in trouble.

TennMan Thanks this.
  7. gentleroger

gentleroger Road Train Member

Jun 1, 2010
    No "Real Truck Driver" would ever do anything so reprehensibly irresponsible as to falsify their log. It is a FEDERAL DOCUMENT. I log all time spent working as On Duty Not Driving, even were it to cost me hundreds of dollars.

Now that's out of the way can I intrest you in a perpetual motion machine?

TennMan, 91B20H8 and Vilhiem Thank this.
  8. Vilhiem

Oct 6, 2014
    Heh... Make you a deal.

I'll take that perpetual motion machine off your hands if you'll trade it for my oceanfront house in Arizona.

;)

(And yes, I "know" that.)

9. TennMan

TennMan Road Train Member

Sep 21, 2011
    Hazzard County Jail !!!!!
    Rhetorically correct

10. 91B20H8

91B20H8 Road Train Member

Oct 17, 2012
    The Heart of the North, Mi
    I built a perpetual motion machine back in science class but it never started moving on it's own so its still an unproven theory

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.