so who makes it in this industry??

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by txboy10, Dec 31, 2009.

1. RickG

RickG Road Train Member

Jul 22, 2008
    Owensboro , KY
    I don't hate the industry . I hate what CDL mills and bottom feeder carriers have done to it . How many positive posts do you see by anybody ?

2fuzy Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Working Class Patriot

Working Class Patriot Road Train Member

Jan 17, 2008
    Wherever and Whenever...
    Then let's fix it.......

Boycott the CDL mills.....

And the bottom-feeders will eventually go belly-up....

CSA 2010 should remove most of them.....
    Writing letters to congress to prevent the "NAFTA" trucks will remove the rest....

4. dancnoone

dancnoone "Village Idiot"

May 6, 2007
    Mississippi

Define career please ??? Do you consider it one job that you hold for 10-40 years? Or do you consider it a field of work, that you move about in during that same period of time?

Let me help you out here....by using an extreme example.

Let's say I posted a comment referring to my neighbor using the "N" word.

That thread would immediately become the focus of most within the forum....even though the comment was not directed toward anyone in the forum.

Furthermore, nobody died, nobody lost any money, nobody was hurt.

They can't even state honestly that their feelings were hurt.

That's what the majority of experienced drivers are up against. A bunch of whining, PC, touchy feely types that don't understand the real world, nor do they want to. They just want someone to stroke them and tell them everything is going to be okay. When the truth of the matter is....this job WILL kill you and anyone else who is in your immediate proximity.

NOBODY in his/her right mind would ask someone for their opinion, then dismiss them outright. Especialy if there were 10-40 "someones" that gave you the same information. It's okay to disagree, just don't be dismissive.

halfburn Thanks this.
  5. tinytim

tinytim Road Train Member

Oct 29, 2007
    Northern Ontario
    It's called capitalism. It also allows us poor overworked and underpaid drivers to buy cheap merchandise at Walmart and dollar general. I'm not defending the mills and bottom feeders but they're just another symptom.

6. LavenderTrucker

LavenderTrucker Medium Load Member

Oct 29, 2009
    Omaha,NE
    Well, I have to admit, after reading all these posts about how bad the trucking industry is, how badly drivers are cheated, how they can't idle, have to work long hours and such. I have changed my perspective.

Other than a long tim ago when I did construction, this is the first time in a long tme that I have been in a male dominated industry. I am doing good and don't find the work al that hard.

So, my new perspective on who makes it in this industry is WOMEN. We can do the job without whinning and crying about it, and feeling all victimized by the big bad companies.

Honestly, I never knew men were such whinning cry babies. Why don't you wipe your tears and see if your wife wants to drive so you can stay home, not have to worry about being too cold, too hot, sleeing in the cab, and all the other issues you have.

I do know there are some men out here that are not all whining and complaining, and I appreciate and respect you. i didn't put myself through school and become a trucker to hear a bunch of whinning and temper tantrums, that's why don't work at a day care.

I am sure this post will upset a few if not several of you, but then again, what doesn't upset you.

groovemachine, Hedon, LindaLou and 4 others Thank this.
  7. RickG

RickG Road Train Member

Jul 22, 2008
    Owensboro , KY
    Should I say it ? Aw , why not ? Women make it because they know it's their place to submit , be quiet , and just do what they are told . :hiding:

8. JustSonny

JustSonny Big Dummy

Oct 22, 2009
    Troutman NC
    Rick, I'm not sure but I think 126 pounds of "rompin', stompin', tarp pullin' womanhood" is about to open a big ol' can of whoopass on you!!

LavenderTrucker Thanks this.
  9. LavenderTrucker

LavenderTrucker Medium Load Member

Oct 29, 2009
    Omaha,NE
    :biggrin_2559: There is some truth in that.
    This week, with all the snow and cold it was a real treat flatbedding. This morning I got up early and shoveled snow of the deck and around the truck in below 0 temps, before the OO I run with got up. I did it because I knew it had to be done.

Also, my check was more than thought it was going to be, I found out I got a bonus from my OO, he said he appreciated my hard work and my not complaining. He also said he was going to start paying more, that I earn it.

I am making more money than I thought I would, especially for a newbie.

You guys can keep complaining if that is what is working for you. For me, not complaining and doing my job is paying off.

RickG, JustSonny, Mr Ed and 1 other person Thank this.
  10. jtrnr1951

jtrnr1951 Road Train Member

Pretty basic huh !!
    You get out of it what you put into it !!!!
    Corny, but OH SO TRUE !!!!

JustSonny and LavenderTrucker Thank this.
  11. blackw900

blackw900 The Grandfather of Flatbed

Jul 12, 2009
    A.W.O.L

You got paid more because you were worth it...Imagine that!

Gentlemen...That's how it works.

JustSonny Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.