software available to detect log book falsification ?

Discussion in 'Trucking Electronics, Gadgets and Software Forum' started by AVAAL, Feb 10, 2011.

1. AVAAL

AVAAL Bobtail Member

Feb 3, 2011
    Toronto, ON
    Hello,

I am wondering if there is any sort of program or software available for log books auditing

Inputting data such as locations, distance travelled, speed of travel, receipts for fuelling, tolls, bridge crossings etc

and then based on that, detect falsifications / HOS as per US/Canada regulations

anything like that out there or is everything done manually (in terms of checking it) ???

Thanks

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Dieselboss

Dieselboss Technology Contributor

Feb 19, 2009
    DieselBoss.com
    "Inputting data such as locations, distance travelled, speed of travel," "detects violations as per US/Canada"

(YES - free 30 day trial here: http://www.dieselboss.com/software/eclipse_logbook.htm)

Same as all the above but also available version for fuel receipts/accounting module here: http://www.driversdailylog.com/

Another similar option here: http://www.promiles.com/

Everett and rookietrucker Thank this.
  4. canuck in da truck

canuck in da truck Road Train Member

Aug 6, 2010
    western pa
    most larger carriers have a scanner for log books--not sure how it works ---other than it does make mistakes
    i am not sure if they manually read it after the scanner flags it or not

5. Dieselboss

Dieselboss Technology Contributor

Feb 19, 2009
    DieselBoss.com
    The most widely used scanner is made by JJ Keller. It scans the log sheets as turned in or emailed by the drivers and will flag violations. The only issue with it is that the driver has to write EXACTLY in the boxes and write VERY legibly or the program won't read it correctly.

In any cases where a sheet either has a miss-read error or flags a violation then the software allows you to manually input and manipulate the sheets in question. Here is an info link to the JJ Keller scanner: http://www.jjkellerservices.com/pdf/Software_KellerSCAN_Brochure.pdf
    It costs $2000 to $6000 depending on the number of drivers that the company has.

However, with the popularity of electronic logs, this manual method and COST of scanning logsheets is becoming less popular than just electronically filing the logs.

6. canuck in da truck

canuck in da truck Road Train Member

Aug 6, 2010
    western pa
    that is more than likely the kind they used--i watched the girl do it a bit--felt kinda sorry for her--pretty boring job---and everything had to be filled out in black ink--no felt type pen
    i have no idea how it ever read my logs--ltl hazmat--so there were more lines than you shake a stick at

7. AVAAL

AVAAL Bobtail Member

Feb 3, 2011
    Toronto, ON
    Thank you for this information.

The reason I made this thread is because of a client request.

I myself work for a company that among other things creates trucking software. Our program is more geared towards dispatching, safety and compliance, driver and fleet maintenance and accounting. Essentially you can manage your entire operation through it.

However our prospective client needed

8. ‘Olhand

‘Olhand Cantankerous Crusty

Jan 18, 2011
    Wish i knew more about it but the nice Iowa Highway patrol officer wasn't very forthcoming. Bout 6 months or so ago--I got a roadside level 3 in Iowa--(on the westbound ramp heading off@Iowa 80) he was sitting on shoulder of ramp when i came off-just stepped out of car and pulled me over. No biggie overall he was cool--and I passed no problem--but as we sat in his car--he had a handheld infra red scanner(like at a checkout) it was connected to his cars laptop--he took my log book and ran the scanner across each page--and the computer logged the whole thing--showed me printouts of how far i had traveled average speeds etc. Kinda cool set up--but when I asked him about it and who made it--he just grinned and said it is for law enforcement only! I let it go but don't buy it--it's out there so we could probably get one--wish I knew more to tell you--was kinda hopin as I posted this--someone else could give us some more info
    Thanks

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.