Solid Work History?

Discussion in 'Trucking Jobs' started by strongworx, Jan 14, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. strongworx

strongworx Light Load Member

Jan 5, 2007
    florida
    Thanks,I figure someone will hire for sure.Just want to do as much homework as possible and not get stuck with too terrible a company starting out.I plan on PDTI schooling for starters,but before that,I will try and line up a few companies with a decent track record.I certainly dont want to work for 28cts a mile and drive a crummy,unsafe truck just because of the unverifiable stuff.Any of my references will surely back up the fact that I am the guy they point the finger at and say"I want what he`s takin".I move,I get things done.I am getting old now and because of handling most everything alone for 20 yrs ,I ache.Its time time to truck.Thanks

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. pro1driver

pro1driver Heavy Load Member

Mar 30, 2006
    North East, USA
    geez..............you're only 43 by one of your other posts.............

i'll be the big 5-0 REAL SOON...............

you ain't got the aches and pains I GOT................

and if you do, then you're more of an old fart than i am................:smt044

i "think" i have found the ideal job (at least for now), as i have said so many times that i work as a yardman (and now learning supervisory skills) and (again for now) couldn't be happier i'm not driving much anymore....

but, you need some experience first, then if you wish to "take it easy", (you old fart:smt044 ) a yardman's job may be something to check into in a few short years..........

sheesh.............kids nowadays..................:smt043

4. strongworx

Jan 5, 2007
    florida
    Ever set ceramic tile all day?Masonry? Pour concrete all day?It tends to beat your joints a bit.On your knees setting tile can be a little taxing on the ol` back and knees too,especially if you have been hit by a car and have one bad knee to begin with.Yes,gettin old at 43.Only physically though.Long hours of driving aint gonna bother me in the least compared to how I feel after setting 250 sq ft of tile alone.I once built a 800 sq ft deck,17 sono tubes,herringbone,8 planters and 120 ft of bench seating in 9.5 days.Alone.Ouch.Trucking sounds like a cake walk sometimes.

5. pro1driver

Mar 30, 2006
    North East, USA
    i have done some masonary work around the house, but only on my vacations or the weekends, not 5 or 6 days a week for several hours per day. i ain't never been hit by a car either, but that's probably because i've been lucky so far. my right knee kills me sometimes too as i have worked in a garage business fo 16 years or so before driving a truck, you know, setting up a lift under a car, bending down to remove wheels, typical garage work.

i still think you're sounding like a typical "old fart" :)toothy10: ) in spite of your work history.........and I'M the old fart here, so don't take away that title from me..............:laughing8:

6. strongworx

Jan 5, 2007
    florida
    would never do such a thing,you have seniority.Patriots won!yeeehaaaaaaaaa

7. pro1driver

Mar 30, 2006
    North East, USA
    yeah, i saw the whole game, and what a game too. i nearly had several heart-attacks (see my age again).................

i didn't think they'd make it...............

8. strongworx

Jan 5, 2007
    florida
    When the Pats play,there should be a warning from the surgeon general. something like "WARNING THIS GAME NOT SUITABLE FOR HEART PATIENTS AND THOSE SUFFERING FROM HYPERTENSION" they`ll keep ya at the edge of your seat every time!

9. bubbavirus

bubbavirus Medium Load Member

If you hump, your boss knows, unless it's a union cover-up, like I saw, here in cleveland,...
    but that Ex-footballer (Baltimore team) that got those 22 old folks rosted in the Hurricane Katrinaevacuation aftermath,
    he owned the bus with no oil in rear axle seals, drivers did zero pre-trip, no logs, nada,
    ...prosecutors wanted two years in jail, but it was only two mistameanors,
    just got wrist slap...

[​IMG]

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

• Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.