Solo at May

Discussion in 'May Trucking' started by RogerWilco, Feb 21, 2010.

1. RogerWilco

RogerWilco Bobtail Member

Nov 21, 2009
    NW Ohio
    Well, training went well and I got a truck within two days of testing. Been a positive experience with May so far. Nice folks and they seem more focused on being a sucessful company then a flashy one. Hopefully the miles keep growing.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Jimbo60

Jimbo60 Medium Load Member

Nov 25, 2009
    High desert CA
    Glad to hear it. May was on my short list but, unfortunately they aren't hiring out of Cali right now.

Good luck.

........ Jim

4. HAULIN357

HAULIN357 Light Load Member

Nov 17, 2009
    STICKER PATCH AZ
    GOOD LUCK out there maybe well see you at one of the yards

5. lovintruckin

lovintruckin Light Load Member

May 15, 2009
    Tampa, FL
    Please write back in about 6 months and we'll see what you have to say then. They are ONLY focused on the almighty dollar without any thought of the driver. Unrealistic delivery times, don't get you home when requested, ridiculous idle policies. Have fun :)

6. pjw044

pjw044 Heavy Load Member

Been here at May for almost 2 years. Better than most, maybe worse
    than others(?). I still get some very STUPID delivery times, QC my
    DM and refuse load due to ILLEGAL dispatch. It gets handled and load
    is either removed or modified to work. Company says time are set by
    shippers and/or recievers--(?), dont really know. Need to communicate
    problems with DM or Terminal Manager. #2- have never had a problem
    getting home when requested, mostly due to GREAT DM. Sometimes have to remind them of HT when it gets close, but have not been late getting home when requested. #3-Idle times are absolutly stupid,
    Try being in Socal or Az for 3-4 days and sleeping during the day and staying cool and UNDER the idle limit, NOT going to happen.
    If anyone is that unhappy, you have the choice to move on.

7. HAULIN357

HAULIN357 Light Load Member

Nov 17, 2009
    STICKER PATCH AZ
    yup got a choice is right :biggrin_2559:

8. Kabar

Kabar Road Train Member

Nov 5, 2008
    Pell City Al
    Yes and no. The shipper dose request a pick up date and time. The Receiver request a delivery time However customer service deals with them according to what the company can do.

9. Trucker Steve

Trucker Steve Medium Load Member

Nov 9, 2008
    Phoenix az
    It would be my best guess that you have limited experience in the trucking industry and have worked for few companies. After you have been driving ten years and worked for every company your heart desires come back to this post and tell me how you feel about may trucking.

Delivery times can be adjusted if you communicate properly

Your success at any company is as much your responsibility as it is the company you work for. I have been with may longer then anyone on this forum and have never had a problem getting home. However my success is based on the way I carry myself, I firmly believe if you can manage yourself you can manage to be successful at any company.

Idle policies are important - May was one of if not the first to have a idle policy. If you can't manage your expenses you manage to go out of business. It is easy to assume that all drivers would do the right thing and realize that their companies success is their own success but that is not true. Many drivers are morons who don't know or care about what it takes to operate a successful trucking company. May has set the standard in the industry for profitable operations. Don't believe me? See how many companies have idle policies in place now and will do so in the future, mark my word.

beboppinbigun1 Thanks this.
  10. jron619

jron619 Medium Load Member

Mar 26, 2007
    San Diego, CA
    walking the company line........

11. jedi_tev

jedi_tev Light Load Member

Oct 11, 2008
    Las Vegas, NV
    Very true Steve. My time with May has been for the most a positive expirence. Wasn't too happy last week after I had loads rearranged for HT and was forced on a Nursery load to OH. I was brought home on my next load albeit a few days late, but I got my HT. (Plus I got to see the Sharks beat the Avs Tuesday night!!! Too bad it wasn't the Wings). Anyway, what Steve says is true about May, not toeing the company line.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.