Solo at May

Discussion in 'May Trucking' started by RogerWilco, Feb 21, 2010.

1. Kabar

Kabar Road Train Member

Nov 5, 2008
    Pell City Al
    All Very true, I left May not because they treated me bad, or didn't get me home on-time. Nor was it because they expected me to run unreasonable time frames. It was because after six years they started changing the rules and I didn't like where they where going. So I found some where else to work. Some where more to my liking. I now work for Marten and if you think Mays idle policy is tough you should try Martens. They run APU's and will fire you for having more then 4% idle time. They also expect you to pick up and del on time every time. If you can't then you had better have a darn good reason. If it's because you where screwing off when you should have been driving. Good by. I have found in 18 1/2 yrs that you get out of a company what you put into it. The only differences between them is there rules.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Trucker Steve

Trucker Steve Medium Load Member

Nov 9, 2008
    Phoenix az
    You're exactly right. If I was not happy with it I would move on there is nothing more irritating then hearing some knuckle head rattle on about how bad this and that is but not willing to make his/her situation different. If I left may it would be for something more specialized like AA & E.

4. HAULIN357

HAULIN357 Light Load Member

Nov 17, 2009
    STICKER PATCH AZ
    man have you got it wrong !! what cant deliver on time ??how much time do you need ??:biggrin_25524: idle policys ? every state and city have them so comply or ticket and fine,not home on time thats your dm not the co !! never had a proble yet...

5. lovintruckin

lovintruckin Light Load Member

May 15, 2009
    Tampa, FL
    I stand by what I say. You idle...you pay for it, no matter what the state laws are. I can't tell you how many drivers I've had to save mid delivery because May gave them unrealistic delivery times.

6. Kabar

Kabar Road Train Member

Nov 5, 2008
    Pell City Al
    Now I got to say. I drove for May for 6 years and not once did I ever take a load I could not deliver on-time, Legally. Now notice I said "take" a load. Thats because I always looked at the load info 1st, Made sure I had the time to run it and told them if I could do it or not. If not what I could do. Not once did I have to switch out a load because I had taken it and could not finish it. Oh I saved more then one from the knuckle heads who took them and then realized they couldn't make it. But I never did that. It's truck driving, Not rocket science.

7. Trucker Steve

Trucker Steve Medium Load Member

Nov 9, 2008
    Phoenix az

Kabar - That ain't no joke I can't stand those that try to treat trucking like it is more then it is. "it really isn't that hard to figure out" I also put the ball back in their court telling them when I can arrive, I call it proper communication, any trucker worth his grain in salt would respond the same way. (not may related) but some cheat and run it illegal or flat turn it down saying it is illegal, never thinking it is possible for a reschedule or t -call in route. REAL truckers keep running never expecting a pat on the back they get the job done the keep pushing on. My theory is that those that cry about lower miles are not communicating properly at least in part, maybe not entirely. (trucking sux sometimes, nature of the job)

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.