Some brokers are stupid

Discussion in 'Freight Broker Forum' started by mcgoo422000, Dec 28, 2012.

1. mcgoo422000

mcgoo422000 Medium Load Member

Mar 18, 2012
    Called about a load today pick up tomorrow sanford nc straight through to gainesville ga.
    ask how big is it? answer: I don't know but it's legal.
    ask how much does it weigh? answer: less then 40,000 I say it's posted for 10,000 well ok it's
    less than 10,000 then.
    ask how do you pay? answer the "great classic" : well 30 days but we been in business since the 50's
    we have to have original paperwork.

Lets see we have a broker who knows next to nothing about a load and he's covered all the bases unless it's a M-1 tank you're hauling
    and he is going to strecth out paying you as long as he can.
    Yes inded this makes you want to run out and book a saturday load and drive straight through? NOT.
    This is why I think most brokers suck.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. LSAgentOZR

LSAgentOZR Road Train Member

Nov 1, 2011
    Nashville, TN
    I see your stupid broker and counter you with this: Have a 40' HC posted from CA to UT. Driver calls and accepts the load, pay him more for permits because he's not a SD and it makes him OD. Send the trip sheet to his FM and get a phone call 30 minutes later that he can't haul the load because its a container... Seriously?!?!?!

aiwiron Thanks this.
  4. dannythetrucker

dannythetrucker Road Train Member

May 26, 2011
    everywhere, man
    you wanted him to haul a high-cube on a flatbed ? and you're surprised that didn't fly ? :biggrin_2556::biggrin_2556:

5. snowwy

snowwy Road Train Member

Jul 6, 2009
    depends on how high that cube is.

i've hauled containers and i pull a flat.

i'm not understanding why a flat would make it OD though and a SD wouldn't. unless his flat was 96 instead of 102

6. sjmay

sjmay Light Load Member

Nov 12, 2011
    Wouldn't this be the other way around? For someone who claims that an O/O should have 100% control etc, shouldn't the same O/O know his equipment 100% and what would and would not work? The guy should never have accepted the load to begin with.

LSAgentOZR Thanks this.
  7. ralph

ralph Road Train Member

Mar 1, 2009
    At The Key Board
    My guess is because it's a "high cube" container which would put the load @ or over 14' high on a flat bed.

8. jbatmick

jbatmick Road Train Member

Dec 1, 2009
    hastings, Fl
    Bingo ! You are correct.

9. LSAgentOZR

LSAgentOZR Road Train Member

Nov 1, 2011
    Nashville, TN
    Yep, that's exactly what it was. It put him at 14', which he said he could handle and could permit. We had one additional permitted and moved without trouble. This particular customer got SD and RGN mixed up and refused to allow us to ship the 40HC's on 53SD like we needed and wanted to from the beginning. It was flats or nothing... not even transloading to vans.

10. fortycalglock

fortycalglock Road Train Member

Jun 25, 2011
    Tourist Town, FL
    It would have put him at 14'6" on a flat and legal out west is 14'. Most likely a problem was getting in the port for the can in the first place. (Tractor age)

11. BigBadBill

BigBadBill Bullishly Optimistic

Oct 2, 2010
    Chattanooga, TN
    Ran the ports in '06-'07 and haven't looked at them sense. What have all those cab overs and FLD's done? Did they offer some kind of grandfather clause? Doubt it but only people with newer equipment at the ports was people running stuff OTR. All the local moves where POS pulling for $50 a turn.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.