Some brokers are stupid

Discussion in 'Freight Broker Forum' started by mcgoo422000, Dec 28, 2012.

1. aiwiron

aiwiron Road Train Member

Aug 24, 2011
    Sunny Tampa Florida
    I vote the driver, "Tard" trucker for that~!

LSAgentOZR and Asphalt Anarchist Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. LSAgentOZR

LSAgentOZR Road Train Member

Nov 1, 2011
    Nashville, TN
    Couldn't tell you Rank because we just ended it there and cancelled the load no problem. We're not out to make issues for anyone unless they royally screw up, knew better, or flat out lie to us... like telling me you have a team for my team load to secure it and then BS me or double broker something. As far as the rate; I won't give a rate here, but I can assure you it wasn't cheap and was round trip inclusive in case they needed to deadhead.

I believe you are correct on the last part of this. From the sounds of it the driver didn't pay attention to the load posting because it clearly said 40HC Container on it with dims. I misspoke when I said 9' as a HC is 9'6. Not quite sure how the other driver permitted it and delivered it without issue. The driver we recovered the load with was a standard flat and delivered no problems with permits. Makes me wonder if guys actually got permits or ran them at the risk of getting pinched. I would surely think they wouldn't do that, but you never know with some people. As far as SD and Chassis, I couldn't agree more. My main concern with chassis is a lot of time they are simply used for local dray and tires and equipment aren't maintained like they should be so sending one with a 40k lbs container rolling down the road OTR makes me queasy. As far as SD's... that's what I prefer to ship containers on but as I mentioned above the customer vehemently refused and said flatbeds or nothing so we got the job done.

Yup...

4. Autocar

Autocar Road Train Member

Apr 28, 2012
    The Hot Rod Shop Oxford, AL
    I highly suspect the other driver bootlegged it. Not much different than the deal I ran into the other day. 5 loads loaded and ran to OK, then I showed up. The placards were not legal, nor was the commodity one that we are allowed to haul, as it was Haz Waste, not Haz Mat. None of the previous drivers mentioned to the dispatching agent that the loads were Haz Waste, instead of Haz Mat as the shipper had told her. None of them made the shipper get the placards legal, nor did any of them contact our Haz Mat Department to make sure the paperwork was legal, or it would have been caught, before I showed up. I can't afford possible penalties of up to $25,000 per placard (up to $250,000 per placard to the carrier), plus termination of a contract that I happen to like.

Last edited: Dec 29, 2012
  5. snowwy

snowwy Road Train Member

Jul 6, 2009
    only thing i've hauled, put me at 14. and that trailer was 4.6 high. plus 2 box trailers

other then 60 foot rebar. i'm not versed on the rules of O/S loads. as they rarely happen.

Last edited: Dec 29, 2012
  6. ‘Olhand

‘Olhand Cantankerous Crusty

Jan 18, 2011
    This is why I get such a kick outta reading this board--OP says load from NC-GA--4 u no it there is an argument/discussion about the height of a container on a flatbed? You can't make this #### up!LOL

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.