Some CB help with SR 655HP

Discussion in 'CB Radio Forum' started by HD_Renegade, May 16, 2019.

1. Ohmslaw

Ohmslaw Bobtail Member

May 1, 2019
    I just recurved everything from mark sherman Hd at fine tune cb shop. Everything came from him brand new

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Ohmslaw

Ohmslaw Bobtail Member

May 1, 2019
    He is the one that said it about power specifically about swr in one of his YouTube videos within the past couple months

4. rabbiporkchop

rabbiporkchop Road Train Member

Feb 9, 2012
    Wapwallopen, Pa
    Recurved? I'm not sure what you mean.

5. rabbiporkchop

Feb 9, 2012
    Wapwallopen, Pa
    The person that told him his radio is producing 150 watts of power lied to him. That's not a joke that's pretty unethical. It also means that if he actually measured that amount of power then he doesn't have the skills to return it back to a factory tune in which case the radio should be returned for a factory service or replaced.

HD_Renegade Thanks this.
  6. Timin770

Timin770 Road Train Member

May 27, 2011
    Canton, GA
    Its not a lie if a person with "no skills" doesnt measure correctly. You said the radio was ruined and should be returned, although the numbers reported by the owner are very similar to other 655 owners. Without knowing what was done, how could you possibly declare the radio to be ruined?

7. rabbiporkchop

Feb 9, 2012
    Wapwallopen, Pa
    I didn't realize the owner had test equipment. I must have missed that part. Carry on.

8. Timin770

Timin770 Road Train Member

May 27, 2011
    Canton, GA
    Uhhh the issue was output wattage. The meter on the front of the 655 gives a reading. Maybe not accurate down to the molecular level but good enough to tell the difference between 150 and 75

rabbiporkchop Thanks this.
  9. Ohmslaw

Ohmslaw Bobtail Member

May 1, 2019
    Rabbis porkchop I meant received. The meter on the 655 ends at a hundred so it not gonna indicate 150 watts.

rabbiporkchop Thanks this.
  10. rabbiporkchop

Feb 9, 2012
    Wapwallopen, Pa
    How is it working?

11. Ohmslaw

Ohmslaw Bobtail Member

May 1, 2019
    So far so good but I can’t get the swr and ohm perfect at the time. I have a 2015 Cascadia day cab with a mirror mount on the driver side. I have a Predator 10k 22in shaft and a firestik ll. I grounded the mount to the door and door to cab. When I just crack the door the number come in perfect but when I close the door they get worse.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.