Some info on lowbeds in BC Canada

Discussion in 'Canadian Truckers Forum' started by MartinFromBC, Jul 6, 2019.

1. MartinFromBC

MartinFromBC Road Train Member

Oct 19, 2018
    I can only speak for BC, and other places have different regulations. But in BC it is a minimum of 27% of whatever is on the drivers. It can be more than 27% as long as you don't exceed the weight limit of the axle and tires for their size, which varies greatly depending on the width of the steer tires. This particular truck wears a pair of 425 mm wide Michelins. Please don't ask me what that is in inches lol

Rolling across the scales yesterday we were 7,190 kgs on the steers, and were at about 95% fuel. Drive tires were 22,830 kgs so since we were literally allowed to just keep going and got the green light, I assume everything was good. Wasn't even asked to park and come in to show them my over width permit for being 11'2 wide, had 7 inches of track hanging off of each side of the 10' wide low bed. Pulling the Kline this trip, not the Knight, or Aspen.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. BigBob410

BigBob410 Road Train Member

Feb 2, 2016
    Beirut on the Bay, MD.
    425mm is 16.75 in.

MartinFromBC Thanks this.
  4. Macneil

Macneil Heavy Load Member

Dec 15, 2010
    Sudbury, ON., Canada
    Big pet peeve of mine also. We have 10-11 trucks/trailers and the dudes who haul OS/OD often will remove flags and banners when not required to have them but the guys who only do it once in awhile seem to just keep the banner placed rather ####ty looking like but pinch the “D” portion. Drives me up the wall.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.