Some questions about the DAT load board.

Discussion in 'Ask An Owner Operator' started by John Joel Glanton, Jan 26, 2022.

1. xsetra

xsetra Road Train Member

Aug 21, 2011
    I had a broker tell me he never posts a rate with his loads. He paid well on the load I took.

He said he likes to pay a fair price. Which it was. He said if he posted the rate, his phone would never stop ringing. With that load it would've been true.

Just saying not all loads without a rate are cheap loads.

Siinman Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Short Fuse EOD

Short Fuse EOD Road Train Member

Jul 29, 2015
    Midwest
    Just a thought. Two hours of phone calls could get you an extra K or two. It is definitely in my scope of work!

4. scoobertdoo

scoobertdoo Road Train Member

Nov 11, 2020
    I use data and some brokers on there are dirtbags. Not only are prices posted in scammy ways, but they post the same load picking up in 10 major cities, when you call it actually picks up 400 miles away from everywhere.

Also many are posted as 1000 miles paying $9000 when you call it has 13 pickups and 21 drops over 18 days, and it 3700 miles total.

5. scoobertdoo

scoobertdoo Road Train Member

Nov 11, 2020
    Hmmm when I see no rate posted, I assume it's not a real load. Have never called one before. I just might have to

xsetra Thanks this.
  6. Kenworth6969

Kenworth6969 Road Train Member

Jul 3, 2020
    If they put that info in the load details then nobody would ever call lol

7. Short Fuse EOD

Short Fuse EOD Road Train Member

Jul 29, 2015
    Midwest
    Leave those for me! Hehe, produce, many pick ups and many drops $$$$$

8. John Joel Glanton

John Joel Glanton Light Load Member

Sep 22, 2021
    Texas
    Thanks guys. I am learning a lot on this forum. I am curious what happens when a broker doesn't get the load covered? I'd imagine they can only come up on price so much until they are making nothing or even losing money on a load. Do they go back to the shipper and say hey nobody wants to haul this crap for $1.50 per mile? Try to get more money out of them or what?

Next question. As an owner op do you focus on a certain lane and master it? Or do you prefer running out of the big cities with lots of freight? Based on my research for van loads Chicago is the hottest market. Next in line is Houston, DFW, Laredo surprisingly, LA, Atlanta, Nashville. The rumors about Florida seem to be true with very low rates coming out. I am trying to come up with a strategy for when I get my truck.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.