Some Tql brokers are very bad

Discussion in 'Freight Broker Forum' started by Abdulnasser5, Aug 22, 2018.

1. W900AOwner

W900AOwner Heavy Load Member

Jul 2, 2014

I don't see the sense in wasting time posting a truck anymore. There's such a glut of people seeking loads that the vultures can just sit back in their chairs and wait for them to call, instead of having to perform the daunting task of actually having to reply to a posted truck looking for an honest day's work. It's strenuous, having to lean over in the chair and type stuff, so they need to keep it to a minimum to conserve energy for the "negotiation"....LOL. It's become laughable in many cases, this folly.

DSK333 Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. DSK333

DSK333 Road Train Member

Jan 27, 2018
    Pennsyltucky
    I know. I'm also learning that the ones that refuse to negotiate are usually double brokering too. They aren't making enough off it to go up on the rate and they have nothing to lose because there's no pressure from their "customer" to move the loads. I'm getting pretty fed up with these parasites. At least a legitimate broker has a purpose and offers a service to both the carrier and the customer. These other turds are just pimples on a buttock.

W900AOwner Thanks this.
  4. Scooter Jones

Scooter Jones Road Train Member

Apr 19, 2011
    I posted my truck yesterday. Very specific about the direction I wanted to go.

TQL agents (3 different) called me 3 times about the same load offer going 700 miles in the opposite direction.

I finally blocked their number on my phone.

W900AOwner and DSK333 Thank this.
  5. W900AOwner

Jul 2, 2014
    Laser accurate assessment DSK, LOL...

DSK333 Thanks this.
  6. W900AOwner

Jul 2, 2014

Those are the only type that will answer a posted truck now. They are phishing, lol...

7. 86scotty

86scotty Road Train Member

Aug 27, 2017
    Appalachia
    I've had some good luck with TQL lately often getting well over $3/pm with them and no problems. You guys have me on my toes though. They do bug you too much.

I have a short load scheduled with them tomorrow, ATL to TN. I have a load on my truck right now headed to ATL in the morning with a different broker. Yesterday, mid day on a Saturday, TQL calls me and asks for a location update. I said "Huh? I'm not even on a load for you guys!!!! He hung up. Maybe his calendar is broken.

W900AOwner Thanks this.
  8. Scooter Jones

Scooter Jones Road Train Member

Apr 19, 2011
    Yeah, that can definitely be the case.

I actually had a couple of decent offers on my posted truck from other brokers, however, the timing just wasn't right.

I ended up waiting until the last minute to commit to something on Friday afternoon and was able to load some packaging material to the city I wanted to go for $1,000 on 223 miles. I was home by 1900 Friday and don't have to deliver until tomorrow morning.

What I'm finding is that when you have a nice chunk in the bank and you're content to deadhead home (or wherever) a couple of hundred miles if need be, you're not under pressure to compromise on your rate or direction you want to go.

W900AOwner and 86scotty Thank this.
  9. DSK333

DSK333 Road Train Member

Jan 27, 2018
    Pennsyltucky
    Interesting turn of TQL events and truck postings in general today. First call of the morning, it's Somerset with an intrastate rental company move. I'm 5 miles away, she claims customer cancelled. Luckily I remembered to put my detention/TONU policy on the rate con. She said she wouldn't pay it because I didn't actually arrive at the shipper yet. I told her my policy was on the rate con and I would be billing it no matter what. I cut it in half and she sent me updated rate con with the TONU listed.

I pulled over on a ramp when I got the call of the cancellation. As soon as I was finished writing up the Somerset TONU invoice my phone rings. Milford OH. I almost hit ignore but was feeling agitated and wanted to take it out on TQL so I answered. Ended up with another better load picking up in the same direction I was heading, only weighing 25k and intrastate like the first load. Totally easy money with zero hassle on the whole run.

Before I even made it to the receiver another TQL call comes in and I strike a decent run again. Then I start getting the nanny calls from their office. I have ZERO patience for those at all. However, after looking closer at this rate con the shipper apparently wants 102" wide trailers. Looks like I may be cancelling this load tomorrow morning anyway if they don't want my trailer.

EDIT: Why is my phone ringing at 830pm from TQL? I find this unacceptable.

Last edited: Sep 12, 2018
  10. csd trucking llc

csd trucking llc Bobtail Member

Jun 28, 2018
    Lol why anyone works with Tql is beyond me.

I work for a smaller company 250 million revenue.

My drivers know I take my cut and honestly so far in 2018 my margin has been 18.6 percent but they also know they get paid for every little issue and detention is paid right away.

All of us brokers are somewhat identical but some of us make a lot more because we can be trusted.

Not shy about admitting I make a decent living but I’m always upfront

“My rates are cheap but I’ll always have business thts repeat. Email me wherever you are and I’ll send you a load”

I guess you can say I deduct another 3-4 percent of margin for convenience. Amazon does it so why can’t I.

Some drivers are ok with taking a bit less and resting easy tht I pay for everything and don’t do the whole “lemme get customer to approve detention”

11. DSK333

DSK333 Road Train Member

Jan 27, 2018
    Pennsyltucky
    I used to hear the same trash in the Intermodal world too. I'd rather get a decent rate and work less versus running more volume to generate the same or less overall revenue. More miles, more expense. It's not rocket science.

Brettj3876 and SL3406 Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.